2023 Wisper H7 Wayfarer - early days, great so far.

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
The H7 is the step thru which I specified with 700W battery, full legal throttle and front rack options in red.
Bike is well finished and ad had a good PDI as came straight from Wisper as they had to get the throttle certified.
Delivery was very efficient by courier from Wisper.
They forgot the front rack but (good CS) put that right immediately they were told - David on the case as usual.
Now assembled (very simple even for me) and on Bikeregister and Litelok X1 bought with other locks.
Test rides good so far, around London streets rear hub motor pulls well and gears 1-4 almost redundant as very low.
Throttle is great for starting but I still like to pedal a fair bit, and keeping to Eco or Tour settings usually (there are 2 more).
Not far enough to comment on range yet but still on full battery display.
No rear suspension, so might look for a suspension seat post but @ 110kg fear I would bottom it out, or maybe deflate the back tyre a bit as I'm running it quite high.
Brakes are strong and display is clear.
Rear rack is narrower than I’d expected, so good to have the wider front on too.
So all good so far but the proof will be in the commuting use.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
One of the Cane Creek Thudbuster range would do the job. The ST is good for 330lbs / 150kg rider weight, the LT 250lbs / 110kg.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The H7 is the step thru which I specified with 700W battery, full legal throttle and front rack options in red.
Bike is well finished and ad had a good PDI as came straight from Wisper as they had to get the throttle certified.
Delivery was very efficient by courier from Wisper.
They forgot the front rack but (good CS) put that right immediately they were told - David on the case as usual.
Now assembled (very simple even for me) and on Bikeregister and Litelok X1 bought with other locks.
Test rides good so far, around London streets rear hub motor pulls well and gears 1-4 almost redundant as very low.
Throttle is great for starting but I still like to pedal a fair bit, and keeping to Eco or Tour settings usually (there are 2 more).
Not far enough to comment on range yet but still on full battery display.
No rear suspension, so might look for a suspension seat post but @ 110kg fear I would bottom it out, or maybe deflate the back tyre a bit as I'm running it quite high.
Brakes are strong and display is clear.
Rear rack is narrower than I’d expected, so good to have the wider front on too.
So all good so far but the proof will be in the commuting use.
Thanks Simon, I'm delighted to read that you are enjoying the bike so far... please keep in touch!

All the best, David