24-7 National Slackers Day

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
This country needs a new national holiday, and as a protest against management speak, I propose "Twenty-Four-Seven" as National Slackers Day.

Everyone should relax, take it easy and not answer the phone. According to a recent thread this isn't new in the e-bike world, but we'll let that pass.

Nick

PS. The beauty of it is that the Americans can't have one too - there isn't a 7th day of the 24th month.

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
A good way to celebrate is to press buttons at random when encountering telephone answering systems. They usually work much the same anyway - their main function is just to annoy us.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Ridiculous idea ;) - how can I be expected to do less than I do already? I have got laziness down to a fine art, including removing the chain from my Wisper to make pedalling easier.
Even thinking about this day is stressing me out. I'm off to bed.

Colin

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Great idea, - should help reduce carbon dioxide levels since we won't be using so much energy whilst we're loafing about on the sofa. I'm off to get more practice now. Fully support it :)

Conal

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2007
Done my bit - London to Brighton return

I was going to cycle to Brighton from North London to pick up my new super light silver battery from Rhys at CyclePoint but decided to pay £20 and catch the train instead - a bit quicker and I got to cycle along the sea front to Hove and back!

ps You would not believe how many Hen parties leave London on Friday afternoon for Brighton!

Conal