250w BBS-HD?

D

Deleted member 4366

As far as I can see, it's a Max-drive mounted the other way round to most, i.e rotated 180 deg back to front.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Last edited:
Looks like it's got BBS style chain ring and final drive cover beneath. Likelihood is it's BBS01/02 as the HD has larger allen bolts and metal cover on final drive. Most likely just a frame deigned to house the motor opposed to specific frame style to mount max or ultra drive

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the motor looks like a Bafang BBS01B.

They may have borrowed my idea to place the motor inside the triangle like the Woosh Krieger:

the motor looks like a Bafang BBS01B.

They may have borrowed my idea to place the motor inside the triangle like the Woosh Krieger:
There's a number of frames that fit the BBSxx about. Good design, never realised you guys came up with the idea originally. It's neat :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thanks BE.
I tucked the motor originally between the seatpost and chainstays in this original Woosh CD bike that I took to Redbridge in 2013.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's definitely not a BBSxx motor. You can see that it has a special frame instead of mounting the motor through the BB. Also, that pod shaped thing at the front is much too big. I'm pretty sure that it's a Max-drive tilted up.

Look at the photo that shows the motor from the front to see what I mean.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it looks definitely a bottom bracket motor added to a bottom bracket shell.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Its not a bbs you can see the weld as it enters the motor housing.

D

Deleted member 4366

The more I look at it, the more I think that there's something odd about it. The black roubd bit nearest the battery is much too big for a BBSxx, but if you look carefully, there's an inner darker bit, which is about the right size. Could it be that they've shrouded the motor bit for some reason. That wouldn't be good for heat, but maybe there's an air gap around it. That could explain the slots in the frame at the front.

Could it be that they're not using a conventional BB tube to hold the motor, and they've mounted it in a different way for some reason?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think they just made a shroud for a BBS motor to make the bike looking like a MaxDrive or a Bosch.
The fundamental issue with bottom bracket type CD motors is the poor support for the bottom bracket compared to the Bosch or Maxdrive motors.
The non drive side is supported by two M6 bolts, no match for a properly molded shell.