2nd ride out on Storck Raddar.......

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
2012-12-29 Comrie return Storck Raddar 16.5 miles | Garmin Adventures

for those who like detail route and pics .....go to the link above........

the price thing always comes up on the forum........all i can say is that its a high quality bike that has some assist and would mainly suit cyclists who like to put in some pedal effort and have the feel of a 'normal' bike.......if you have always paid moderate prices for bikes then of course this will look expensive to you.....if however you have always had top end bikes then this is not even at the 'expensive' end of even normal non assist bikes.....

just saying........

regards

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Another decent route and pics job.

I'm sure lots of us will enjoy looking at it.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Now, that's my kind of ride - just needs a bit more grass down the middle of the road :p

I like the skid sign - One of my favourite rides has a similar sign - just after I've.ridden through enough mud & cow crap to fill a land-fill :rolleyes:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Dear Dave,

I do now have a very soft spot for you after viewing those lovely pictures,i also like to ride in the rain but hate the idea of getting my bike all muddy.The total mileage that you had covered was 16.5miles was that from door to door or was that just your trek ride mileage?
Once again nice pictures and i wish that i was there riding with you. Dave if you had someone to ride with,would you repeat that ride during the night time? I do know that the Starck Raddar do come with a reasonable set of lights.

Mountainsport.

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
Dear Dave,

I do now have a very soft spot for you after viewing those lovely pictures,i also like to ride in the rain but hate the idea of getting my bike all muddy.The total mileage that you had covered was 16.5miles was that from door to door or was that just your trek ride mileage?
Once again nice pictures and i wish that i was there riding with you. Dave if you had someone to ride with,would you repeat that ride during the night time? I do know that the Starck Raddar do come with a reasonable set of lights.

Mountainsport.

by 'night riding' do you mean in the dark ???
my bike riding is mainly leisure rides and riding in the dark has no appeal at all for me....i like to take photos during the ride and that also would not be so appealing in the dark....would also bring an element of danger which i dont care for.........
we do however have some long summer daylight evenings in this part of the world when cycling can be very pleasant......i ride alone and find it a great therapy and relaxation. living in the countryside, as i do, is a great advantage compared with trying to negotiate town traffic.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Great pics and love the SatNav warning. Looks like you're not unduly far from Gleneagles either ... if a civilized tea is on the agenda for a wee change :)

Hilton

Just Joined
Dec 18, 2012
What's the Storck like on steep hills? That's my main objective in looking for an ebike. Once I get up the hill from the beach I'm OK!

Thanks,

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I've tried quite a few ebikes over the last few months and there's not much between any of the legal ones for climbing.

If you want to power up hills the best option is the naughty one - a bike with a bigger motor.

But even that's not straightforward, some of the higher power bikes are built for extra top speed rather than extra climbing ability.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Hilton

we have our new 250 watt kit That will climb hills the reason it is different from the others it Uses a 48 volt Battery for the Grunt

It will only do 15 MPH

you are welcome to come to demo our test Bike in Banbury Kits will be available beginning FEB

Price from £995 for 10AH battery we can make 15 AH and 20 AH

Thanks Frank

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
This looks a really nice route that you have done. I love the idea of taking photo's of the journeys we do.

It is a shame more people don't take photo's of the places their bikes take them. I hope to take more photo's myself this year.

It would be great to talk about our riding adventures a little more on here, as well as the technical support/advice. Maybe a few of us can start the ball rolling.