For Sale 3 Kalkhoff Panasonic Derby Cycle original 24 volt batteries.

Baboonking

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Watford
I recently bought a Kalkhoff proconnect S which came with 5 batteries which is too much. So I have 3 available for sale.
These are the lighter 10AH batteries. They are at least 6 years old but still work ok. The lights based capacity meter is 4 out of 5 for two, so they've lost 20% of their capacity. The other is 3 out of 5 so it has lost 40% of its capacity. One of the batteries has been dropped at some point and has lost its handle and two of the four screws have been damaged. I've fixed it with tape and it holds together fine. Another has a small crack on the handle so i've added some tape to that one to prevent further damage. The other is structurally undamaged. Price is £120 plus postage for all three batteries. . I'm also going to put them on ebay but they'll be cheaper if you buy directly from me from this forum.

Note: You can get these type of batteries recelled with higher capacity newer lithium cells by jimmy at Insat for circa £230. It's also possible to do yourself if you have a spot welder and good electronics knowledge https://ebikebatteries.co.uk/recelling/

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
How are you going to post them ?
Non of the big boys will touch them if you tell the truth and declare they are lithium.

Baboonking

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Watford
How are you going to post them ?
Non of the big boys will touch them if you tell the truth and declare they are lithium.
Nealh,

I should have said this is a UK only sale. I don't see it being a problem as long as its being sent overland within the UK. I was going to send with Collectplus . There's a lot of ebike batteries being sold on ebay so some carriers must be willing to take them. I've heard of problems with some carriers sending batteries by airmail, but not overland in the UK.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Parcel delivery overland is still strict, parcel need labelling correctly and battery securely packed and protected even then as a private seller you may run in problems.
Bike sellers and battery sellers will have some type of contract/agreement with couriers and follow strict EU reg's.

Baboonking

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Watford
Thanks for the heads up. I'll send with either Collectplus or Yodel. I won't lie when filling out the forms. The batteries are built to European standards and I'm not aware of any catching fire over the last 10 years so I don't think I have any extra responsibility over and above what would be expected of an ordinary consumer selling second hand goods. Naturally I will pack them very well.

Reactions: Battery-Powered

Battery-Powered

Just Joined
Jul 9, 2019
Hi Baboonking,

I'm sure you'll have gathered I'm brand new to the forum
Was wondering do you still have the battery packs?

Kind regards

Graham