350W yose engine cuts

Terraverde

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2019
Hi!

I was wondering if I can get your help and maybe your wisdom.

I have a 350w rear hub engine that I bought at yosepower. When using pedaling assist, after 4 or 5 seconds of start pedaling it cuts off and then starts again. It makes a (not loud tac) sound. Also, when using the 6km option, (power assistant push function) when taking the bike by hand, if it does some effort, the engine stops working. The P and C parameters are well configured and the engine doesn't have 1000km. I do not know if the hub needs some kind of maintainance. This is for my wife's bike. I have an equal set up on my bike, with the same kind of engine and never had any issues.
I could use some help.
Thanks
Ricardo

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If using the V12L then check the installation and make sure it is not pinched tight by the crank arm also make sure the centre splines are gripping the bottom bracket axle firmly. There will likely nothing wrong with the controller or hub motor.

I use another KT controller and PAS 10 pole and have no issue what so ever with pas so yours will be fitment or even a C1 setting. For V12L try all 3 values 05,06 & 07.

Terraverde

Apr 3, 2019
Hi!
Thank you for your reply.
The problem is not the pas sensor. I have checked. It's the 12 magnets reverse (left side) and the configuration is normal sensitivity. It's well fitted. When using the thumb throttle it also does the cut and noise. It's like an automatic transmition car. When you drive and it automaticly changes from the first to the second gear. You feel a smooth power cut and then you feel the power again.
Also in sand for example, with the bike loaded and using the thumb throttle, sometimes it cuts and it will only start again after you loosen the thumb completely and then pull it again.
I am sorry but I don't any other way to explain this. And there is also the "tac" noise that the engine does when he cuts and starts imediatly.
If you have any guess of what it can be I really apreciate.
Thank you.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Is your controller set to speed control, where the setting parameter P3 is set to 0 instead of 1?
If it is, you'll get cut-offs whenever you go over the designated speeds on the lower control panel levels.

Terraverde

Apr 3, 2019
The P3 is set to 1.

I have the exact P and C configuration on my and my wifes bike. The engines and controllers are the the same. I don't have that annoying situation. I try to solve the problem but so far with no success. That is why I think the problem is on the motor.
That is also why I am here asking for help.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Swap the controller over to see if it is the same, the chance is a fault with the controller rather then the hub motor.

Terraverde

Apr 3, 2019
On the weekend I will change the controller to see if the problem persists. How can I check the connection? Thanks for your suggestions.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
after 4 or 5 seconds of start pedaling it cuts off and then starts again.
Yep know that all to well, I haven't but I will read what others have put however all I can say is FAULTY.... Their engineer stated it was a faulty rota... However my motor was new!

Same thing happened to me - YOSE silver 350w kit without battery -I tried the new and old YOSE controller and both cut the motor at high watts, it's like a very brief clicking sound, motor cuts out then starts again, I thought controller, then clutch then stuck a cam inside the controller bag to see if the noise was coming from the controller and found it was defo the motor. I emailed YOSE and they sent me TWO new motor internals they call rotas. First one the threads on the axle where damaged and luckily the second one was perfect, I still get a slight vibration on lower PAS levels but nothing I could not get used to....

I produced and showed this video to YOSE.

My video to YOSE

Last edited: