For Sale 36V LiFePO4 Battery Management System rated 40A (Li Ping BMS v2.5) + pouch / prismatic cells (5Ah 12 cells + 8 spares)

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
This is the BMS v2.5 from Li-Ping, which came with my LifePO4 battery pack (10Ah, 24 cells, 12s2p layout, each prismatic pouch cell is 3.2v 5Ah).

This BMS is rated for 40A maximum continuous discharge current. It features the usual protection against over charge and discharge, etc. More importantly, this BMS automatically balances the cells during the charge phase.

I have the original pouch cells, but unfortunately 4 of them (2 pairs) "died" (low voltage).
I salvaged the good cells and rebuilt a 5Ah battery pack (half the original capacity, 12 cells), to test the BMS.
I therefore have 8 cells spare, all with good voltage.
Plenty of life left in these LiFePO4 cells (barely used, low number of charge cycles).
Safe chemistry, and great discharge rate.

I have the original 36V charger which was sold with the battery.

All of this is now surplus to requirement, as I use a smaller 2.5Ah battery pack for my short e-bike rides.

I am selling the BMS on its own elsewhere for £20, but since it is now soldered on the 12S1P test pack, I would rather sell the entire DIY battery kit.
I am asking for £98 (cash on collection, East Sussex / Kent).
This is for the 36V charger, BMS, and 20 good cells (12 of which are currently configured as a 5Ah pack, which shows the BMS working)

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
People have been asking for photos of the actual pouch cells, here they are :)
(negative/positive tabs insulated and wrapped for safe storage, and I use metal boxes to avoid inadvertently damaging the cells)

Attachments

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I have reduced the price down to £40 for the whole kit (BMS and cells, please read the full description for more information, as this is really for somebody with battery building / repair skills).
The only reason for such a low asking price is that battery cells cannot be posted (even the safer LiFePO4 chemistry), so I am limited to my geographical catchment area. I have everything stored safely in my garage but this is taking valuable space so I am keen to sell :)