jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Hi
I just bought one of these batteries from BMS
Code:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/36v/678-bottle-ebike-battery.html
Does anyone have experience in fastening it to the frame of a bike? There is a plastic frame thing attached to the battery, which looks like it should slide off the battery, then fasten to the frame, but it won't come off.

Ronnie

D

Deleted member 4366

I hope you'll let us know how it performs. Pictures too please!

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Pictures on the way Dave. I would like to ask you a question, the battery has a 20amp controller built in, the BBS01 motor i want for it also has a controller built into it, how does it work with 2 controllers, do i have to bypass one of them, and if so, how?

Ronnie

D

Deleted member 4366

For the BBS01, you should have bought the version of the battery without the 20A controller. It would have been cheaper.

If you want to still use it with the BBS01, you'll need to open up the controller compartment to find the battery connections. I haven't seen inside one of these yet, but the other type are encapsulated, so you have to remove the complete controller. Your battery will have all the other wires coming out of it too, so if you can't remove the controller, it'll look very untidy.

It would probably be better to get a hub-motor if you've already got the battery

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Ok, thanks Dave, I already have the battery, so i'll get a hub motor. Do you recommend a hub motor for a 700c rear wheel?

D

Deleted member 4366

No reason not to. A 350w Bafang BPM or CST should be OK. The CST has more speed, and the 201 rpm has more torque. The CST allows you to keep your existing gearing, which helps a lot.

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Thanks Dave, I think i'll go for the CST, it sounds like the easiest option, but I would like to keep the original wheel, so i now need to find someone who could widen the holes in the rim to re spoke the wheel.

Ronnie

dahu33

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Hi Jumpin, I'm considering the same battery pack (with controller integrated) for my next build. Have you received it? Could you take some pictures (I'm particularly interested by the controller and its components/connectors)? Thanks! :)

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Could you tell me what the shipping and duty costs were for the battery, I am thinking about the controller less model. Thanks

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Ronnie

Regarding your title addendum ("delete thread, Sussed it out"), there's a long-standing convention on the web that threads are not deleted when a question has been answered. This is because the conversation may be useful to someone else. And, as you can see, people would like to carry it on :)

jumpin

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Altrincham
Hi Jumpin, I'm considering the same battery pack (with controller integrated) for my next build. Have you received it? Could you take some pictures (I'm particularly interested by the controller and its components/connectors)? Thanks! :)
Hi dahu, I will be taking some pictures this week, been busy at work since i got the battery, so in a couple of days i will post them.

Ronnie

D

Deleted member 4366

No encapsulation of the controller. That's good. I can see the shunt grinning at me waiting for a bit of solder to take it to 25 amps.