For Sale 36volt 7AH battery (London)

ross219uk

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 7, 2020
Rather silly I bought a 36v battery whilst ordering a 48v kit for the bike, opps.

So 36v battery 7ah with Sanyo cells, charger and a XT90 connector.

So have a brand new never used battery and charger sitting space if anyone is after one? Taking up space in the cupboard so £100 delivered.

Link to the seller below.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Let folks know your location and poss a link to see the batt specs of the actual cell used. Sanyo like a lot producers make a varying range of cells but assume it is the GA cell ?

ross219uk

Jul 7, 2020
Let folks know your location and poss a link to see the batt specs of the actual cell used. Sanyo like a lot producers make a varying range of cells but assume it is the GA cell ?
Sorry never knew there where different specs, yes the GA cell looking back at the order & have stuck my location in the heading.

How long have you had it and what's the present measured voltage?
Bought it new earlier this year, not sure how I'd measure the voltage?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Bought it new earlier this year, not sure how I'd measure the voltage?
Plug in the connector, switch on and measure in the yellow connector with a voltmeter. It's important that you measure it because I had one the same and stored it for about the same time. When I dug it out, it had completely discharged to 0v and was scrap.

ross219uk

Jul 7, 2020
Plug in the connector, switch on and measure in the yellow connector with a voltmeter. It's important that you measure it because I had one the same and stored it for about the same time. When I dug it out, it had completely discharged to 0v and was scrap.
Rightio, ran the test twice, once as it stood and then recharged it allowed to stand for half and hour and it came back with the same voltage 40.8 Battery Voltage.jpgolts

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Can you explain again what you did because, as it stands, something is seriously wrong? From what you wrote, I understand that you measured it at 40.2v, then you put it on charge for an unspecified time, then measured it again and still got 40.2v.

Fully charged, it should be around 42.0v hot off the charger and maybe 41.8v after a rest. From what you wrote, it sounds like the charger isn't working or your battery is massively out of balance, but maybe you wrote it wrong or I'm a dunderhead unable to understand it.

ross219uk

Jul 7, 2020
Tried again and coming up with 41.2volts now, might need a bit of time for the BMS to do it's thing?

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Hello, is this battery still for sale? Thanks, Daniel