3E CityLight MK II Instructions

EllRowe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 11, 2020
Hi!
I was just wondering if anyone here who owns a Citylignt 3E MK II bike had a copy of the instructions manual? I was bought the bike as a present, and it didn’t come with an instruction booklet, and could do with resetting the mounted cycle computer

cheers

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
These are often generic. If you give the number on the display or post a photo of it it's more likely someone can help.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
That display has nothing specifically to do with your e-bike... it's a standard, generic aftermarket cycle computer which has been added to the bike.
If you're unlucky finding instructions, just try pressing/holding buttons down until the display starts to flash (likely a set mode), and then scrolling through to see what's what. If you can't work out how to set/reset it by trial and error, just chuck it away and replace it with another off ebay/Amazon. They're only a couple of quid to buy new (with instructions).

EllRowe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 11, 2020
That display has nothing specifically to do with your e-bike... it's a standard, generic aftermarket cycle computer which has been added to the bike.
If you're unlucky finding instructions, just try pressing/holding buttons down until the display starts to flash (likely a set mode), and then scrolling through to see what's what. If you can't work out how to set/reset it by trial and error, just chuck it away and replace it with another off ebay/Amazon. They're only a couple of quid to buy new (with instructions).
I would take it off, but it seems to be wired in some how. I actually bought a replacement and then realised it was hardwire in

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The display usually clips onto the handlebar bracket for easy removal. Unclip the display and remove the old bracket from the handlebar.

For a wired cycle computer, there will be a single cable which runs from the computer bracket down the leg of the front fork (usually on the left). There will be a small sensor mounted at the end of this cable on the inner side of the fork. Cut any ties/tape which hold this cable and sensor and remove. On one spoke of the front wheel will be a small magnet which passes the sensor when the wheel turns (this is how the computer measures wheel rotation for speed & distance). You can remove that too or leave it for your replacement.