3rd year of Raleigh captus

Bullet

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 31, 2020
Cheshire
I have had a captus step through 3 years now and cannot fault it. I'm a 19 stone plus fatty and this accomodates me comfortably, its very sturdy.
I did a 27 mile ride yesterday in 3 hours and still had 2 bar battery life showing. On its last service in March I mentioned to the mechanic that the battery would be due for replacement and he said not as I should get 5 years out of it.
In 3 years of usage I've had 2 minor niggles with the Bosch power level switch and the charger. These were replaced with teutonic efficiency by Bosch under warranty. I'm 64 soon and cycle most days because I just love love it For me Ebikes have put the joy back into cycling and I fear no hill.
Also with the ebike you tend to double the mileage in comparison to orthodox bicycle.
I will definitely be buying Raleigh again

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
That's good to hear a positive story.

Understandably quite a lot of threads are asking for help with problems, giving the impression that ebikes give nothing but problems.

I myself am using a Haibike Yamaha now going into my sixth year of ownership and during the warranty period was treated very well by the bike shop where I bought it, including having a new motor fitted free of charge right on the two year point with no issues at all.

I am also heavy, use it half the time off road, am over 12.000 miles since I bought it in 2015, am still using the original 400Wh battery, and feel I am definitely getting my monies worth.

More importantly I really enjoy riding to work on it and it provides very important regular exercise and activity for me now in my late 50's.

Reactions: Amoto65 and Bullet

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
That's good to hear a positive story.
Indeed it is, I have had a Carrera Crossfuse for 16mths since having a heart attack last year and have done over 1,600 mls around the Peak District with no problems and the Bosch engine assisting up the hills some as steep as 14% I am also just about to be 64 and would probably go mad if not cycling.

Reactions: Bullet

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I have had a captus step through 3 years now and cannot fault it. I'm a 19 stone plus fatty and this accomodates me comfortably, its very sturdy.
I did a 27 mile ride yesterday in 3 hours and still had 2 bar battery life showing. On its last service in March I mentioned to the mechanic that the battery would be due for replacement and he said not as I should get 5 years out of it.
In 3 years of usage I've had 2 minor niggles with the Bosch power level switch and the charger. These were replaced with teutonic efficiency by Bosch under warranty. I'm 64 soon and cycle most days because I just love love it For me Ebikes have put the joy back into cycling and I fear no hill.
Also with the ebike you tend to double the mileage in comparison to orthodox bicycle.
I will definitely be buying Raleigh again
Good on you. I also am a happy owner of a Raleigh Motus.., , virtually the same bike, but with a few minor extras. In 3500km, I have had no services, and two glitches. A puncture, after which I slimed the tubes and replaced a tyre with a Marathon ..walking the 6 miles back with a flat wheel is tedious. The other was that the battery pack on the rear carrier ..as it is on the stepthro lost a retaining bolt and ripped the cable harness. .. It was the devils own job to repair, there not being much free play anywhere. But with soldering and plenty of swear words
A minor readjustment on the hydraulic brake lever is the only other maintenance.