48v 1500w rear hub speed controller fault

Jarrod green

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2017
St.helens
Hi All
Can anyone help i purchased my kit from PEDALEASE I've emailed the company 6 times the only reply was to ask me what speed controller I needed i have give them this info still with no reply my bat is fully charged LCD works I just have no throttle or pas response so I'm guessing speed controller has gone down can I purchase one from somewhere else thanks jaz

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
d8veh beat me to it.
Pedal ease generally are to be steered clear off their CS is very poor with little or no way to get hold of them. It's a shame people don't do their home work first before wasting money. They are very good at taking your money, then when you in a spot they are non existent.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The good news is it's a KT so if a replacement is needed then that shouldn't pose a problem.

Do you have brake cut off's fitted
If so disconnect them and then try the pas and throttle.
If after trying the above and nothing has changed leave the brakes disconnected and then do the same with the pas and throttle and try each one separately to rule out an issue with either.

Last edited:

Jarrod green

Sep 5, 2017
St.helens
The good news is it's a KT so if a replacement is needed then that shouldn't pose a problem.

Do you have brake cut off's fitted
If so disconnect them and then try the pas and throttle.
If after trying the above and nothing has changed leave the brakes disconnected and then do the same with the pas and throttle and try each one separately to rule out an issue with either.
Thanks for the reply I do have brake cut off I've disconnected them nothing, left them unplugged and tried pas and throttle like you said still nothing do you think it's time for new controller

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have you ruled out a throttle or pas sensor issue .
Disconnect the throttle and then see if pas works and vice a versa . You need to try them separately to rule out any conflict between them.

Jarrod green

Sep 5, 2017
St.helens
Have you ruled out a throttle or pas sensor issue .
Disconnect the throttle and then see if pas works and vice a versa . You need to try them separately to rule out any conflict between them.
Hi Nealh yeh disconnected pas and tried throttle nothing reconnected pas disconnected throttle still no pas

D

Deleted member 4366

First test: lift the wheel off the ground and turn it fast by hand. Can you feel serious resistance? If so, disconnect it from the controller, then try again. If it frees up, you have a knackered controller. If it doesn't you have a knackered motor or motor cable.

Test 2 if test 1 is negative. With the motor and battery disconnected from the controller, on the controller wires, measure the resistance between each of the phase wires and the battery negative. They should all be the same in the range 7k to 15k. Do the same between the three phase wires and the battery positive. They should be the same as each other and in the range 7k to 14k, but may be different to the other three measurements. Any anomalies means that your controller is knackered.

If it passes those two tests, reconnect the battery , but nothing else except the LCD and switch on the LCD, then measure between the red and the black on the throttle connector. It should be 5v. Anything less means that you have a knackered controller.

If it passes those three tests, Connect the throttle, motor and battery. On the LCD connector, bridge the red to the blue and the green to the yellow. If it doesn't work now, you probably have a knackered controller or motor. If it does work, your LCD is knackered.

Last test if it passes all the above tests except the last one. Connect just the battery, motor and LCD. Measure between the red and black motor hall wires - should be 5v. If you have 5v, measure between each of the three hall signal wires and ground while you turn the wheel slowly. You should see each go on and off with 5v as you turn the wheel.