48v 15ah hailong battery options.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Im looking to buy a 48v 15ah battery, hailong style with flat blade connectors.

Any reasons not to consider the Yose power option at £233??

I fitted a Yose-power kit and am very happy with it for the most part and my gripes have little to do with the kit battery or its performance.. but judging the quality of a battery takes longer than a month or 2

I would appreciate any pointers or recommendations, im wary of investing in branded cells from a far east builder due to the ease cells can be re-wrapped with bogus info and both ill-equipped and unprepared to consider a diy approach
im wary of buying any cells or batteries direct from china without endorsement. at least yose power have an eu footprint in a distributor.

cheers

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
These people are pretty good. You'll probably get the 10% summer discount if you use the code:

Reactions: thelarkbox

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
These people are pretty good. You'll probably get the 10% summer discount if you use the code:
Great, Again i am in your debt,, uk company and branded cells check and check, with the discount more ah/£ than Yose too triple check..

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
"Birthday15" for 15% discount and free delivery.
it gets better, good job i didn't pull the trigger on the spot..
I was tempted, its not Needed right now, but i could use it ;) but in a week or two fingers crossed i will have a motor installed that needs it..

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I was tempted, its not Needed right now, but i could use it ;) but in a week or two fingers crossed i will have a motor installed that needs it..
...and 2 years warranty ;)

May I ask what motor are you thinking of?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
...and 2 years warranty ;)

May I ask what motor are you thinking of?

its very wobbly atm no tight spokes, many broken and its no wonder why the bike it was fitted to had only a throttle speed control and NO brake sensors.. its amazing how well the bike survived..

the rim isnt perfect but then its not too far gone either, well within a skilled wheel bods ability to fix, problem is im not skilled..

Its not intended for the rd this is 1/2 a mile up the cycle track

will i have the patience to push it,, takes me back to pre 16 days getting a moped from home up this way.. similar dilemma..

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Oh dear.... I admire your determination.

With TSDZ2B around £200 I wouldn't bother with this anchor.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Oh dear.... I admire your determination.

With TSDZ2B around £200 I wouldn't bother with this anchor.
determination you have no idea im on my 4th set of spokes..

set #1 I have no idea why I measured 3 times minimum but irdered 80mm spokes. WAY TOO SHORT..

set #2 same as above but ordered via amazon as the aliexpress order was weeks away.. and i eventually had the facepalm moment..

set #3 again via amazon 170mm right length.. but very thin cycle spoke diameter not m/bike diameter but i tested the j hook and blob through 2-3 hub holes and they caught and wouldt pull through..

week or so later i sit down to do the wheel 1st spoke i thread falls through the hub WTF!!

now im waiting for ebay set #4 right length and right diameter,, well i say the right length???

pic above was intended to be my pattern reference HA!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
They gave me a lifetime 15% discount code because I bought two batteries from them.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
£242 for 48V 17.5Ah battery on Samsung cells. Not bad at all.
Indeed my first browse round to set expectations was leading me to think i would need to spend £400ish (20ah 48v rack mounted target) from a UK supplier standing behind quality cells,

Ali-express ads often promise quality cells for too little. which leads to blanket doubt since even crappy reused laptop cells will probably charge up ok a couple of times out living any returns/complaint window

Im very glad i stopped to ask now, cheers.

AntonyC

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2022
Surrey
I'm not doubting saneagle's recommendation, after all he's bought batteries and the prices are good especially with free delivery. But I'm curious, how can we tell that the doubts about cell re-wrapping and the rest don't apply here? If it rests on UK supplier and 2 year warranty, companies house says the company had one officer but was struck off in 2013. If the batteries are lasting so well that they must be Samsung presumably they were bought quite a while ago? What am I missing?:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
One part of the price of your battery is to pay for product liability insurance. Thanks to the proliferation of e-scooters and press coverage of battery fires, my product liability insurance has nearly tripled through no fault of my own over the last 3 years. Just ask the supplier if he has product liability insurance.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
I'm not doubting saneagle's recommendation, after all he's bought batteries and the prices are good especially with free delivery. But I'm curious, how can we tell that the doubts about cell re-wrapping and the rest don't apply here? If it rests on UK supplier and 2 year warranty, companies house says the company had one officer but was struck off in 2013. If the batteries are lasting so well that they must be Samsung presumably they were bought quite a while ago? What am I missing?:confused:
No guarantees but without wanting to deep dive on every company officer before any purchase a few easy to tick checks help ease my peace of mind, but its still a punt at the end of the day just one i hope with better odds.
Im not suggesting the criteria i employ to ease my own mind are the best or even 100% valid, And i appreciate the criticism as without it i would have little reason to re-evaluate..

AntonyC

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2022
Surrey
No criticism intended, saneagle's reputation speaks for itself and he's pointed to this supplier before. Bootstrapping a business is tough, so if you go ahead @thelarkbox you would do us and the seller a favour if you'd show us the insides and perhaps fit a Wh meter with the savings to watch how performance holds up.