50 cycles dirty tactics - how low can you go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
I was shocked today to have it pointed out that 50 Cycles feel they have to steal our name to make their adwords campaign work

Its a shame that that a company needs to stoop so low

"Atmosphere Electric Bikes - 50cycles.com" is their header on their Adword which links to their website

I would like to make it clear that we have no connection with 50 Cycles and have not given them any permission to use our name

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
can you service bosh motors or get new 1s?

One_Box

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2014
Leominster
I'm not a copyright lawyer but if you have registered your business name presumably you have some redress against them. Time to consult a solicitor I should think.

Reactions: Kuorider

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
im sick of dealers and there bs and overpriced uk bikes parts ect.

a new batt is £480 quid motor bout same price aswell, not that any uk dealr will sell you a new motor anyway.

1 shop on ebay quoted me £1200 +vat for a new motor pmsl

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
{quote removed} They have been around for a long time and their Kalkhoff bikes are arguably some of the best electric bike available. Their customer service can be outstanding too.

However, they can be vulnerable to sporadic bouts of silliness which spoil things for them. I suspect that this is one such occaision.

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Get yourself a DueDil account and take a cruise through the info. Us old grumpy compliance dogs never really retire. OP should take a look . All public info. Remember the ABC rule . Assume nothing, Believe nothing ,Check everything.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Remember the ABC rule . Assume nothing, Believe nothing ,Check everything.
can't see anything wrong with their 2013 balance sheet, other than gearing ratio (total liabilities to equity ratio) a bit high, but that's the normal nature of a UK distributor, the supplier supply a large amount of stock on credit for display at various point of sales.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
I have a funny feeling there is no legal redress available and even if there were it would be confined to actual provable damage (and/or an injunction).

I will say what a paralegal mate told me which is most solicitors will give a half hour of telephone advice on their own field for free (I think you'll need an intellectual property solicitor). Alternatively try Citizens Advice Bureau which is full of retired solicitors.

However the easiest might be just asking at www.thelawforum.co.uk which is free.

Alternatively you could just explain to 50c it's upsetting you and ask them to stop.

I strongly believe any remedy which costs will cost far far too much.

Reactions: oldtom and trex
C

Cyclezee

I just wonder that if you are having a grievance with a competitor, might it not be wiser to deal with it privately rather than air it on a public forum.

It might have been possible to sort this out with a phone call

Status
Not open for further replies.