50cycles announce new Kalkhoff batteries and prices

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
But not guaranteed for any greater period of time than the old battery. Therefore £500 for 2 years cycling, just like the old battery.
Hmmmm that is a bit disappointing! So do you think if you already have one just buy another 10Ah? I think probably only makes sense with a new bike.......

I charge maybe twice a week. so that is 100 times a year. divided into 1100 that is 11 years! but it sounds like these batteries are no better then the rest, and will be a pile of pooh in 2 years anyway:(

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
:confused:
Almost all Panasonic batteries have lasted longer than their 2-year warranty. Still waiting for confirmation on the warranty period for the new packs. Somebody is jumping to conclusions.

Barry Heaven

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Almost all Panasonic batteries have lasted longer than their 2-year warranty. Still waiting for confirmation on the warranty period for the new packs. Somebody is jumping to conclusions.
£500 is not cheap, of course. But for a battery that offers close to twice the range and twice the recharge cycles I think it compares well to the cost of the current 10Ah battery at £395.

It could transform the way you use e-bikes when fretting over potential range is much reduced.:)

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I agree with tillson on warranty, however, £500 quid for the 18Ah battery, if the claims prove to be accurate, is really very very good especially considering how efficient the Panasonic drive is...

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
here is a video of new 2011 bikes and batteries at a German show...there is a nice looking grey bike on a stand about half way through, I thought it was the Sahel but it has front suspension and dérailleur gears I fink...any ideas? as I want one if an S model!:)

YouTube - Kalkhoff E-Bikes 2011

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Still waiting for confirmation on the warranty period for the new packs. Somebody is jumping to conclusions.
Fair point Tim.

I was looking at the link to your website and the only information relating to battery warranty periods stated 2 years. Maybe that was old information relating to the 10 Ah battery.

Anyway, looking at the battery performance data sheet, it's hard to see how the warranty period could possibly be a meagre 2 years. And, I'm delighted to hear you eluding to the same conclusion too.

My battery bashing isn't aimed at 50 Cycles or at Panasonic systems in particular. I think that there exists a general feeling of over pricing, over promising and under delivering on the ebike battery front.

IF the new range of Kalkhoff / Panasonic / Raleigh batteries live up to their claimed performance, then I think £500 for the 18 Ah version will compare very well to the offerings from the competition.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
here is a video of new 2011 bikes and batteries at a German show...there is a nice looking grey bike on a stand about half way through, I thought it was the Sahel but it has front suspension and dérailleur gears I fink...any ideas? as I want one if an S model!:)

It looks like it, the disc brakes are new for 2011 along with the new batteries....

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London

It looks very much like the new Pro Connect S XT, though it could also be the super-duper XTR model - hard to tell from that footage. It's similar in appearance but with a few extra Carbon parts and 10-speed gears from the XTR groupset. £3000+ and special order only next year.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
It looks very much like the new Pro Connect S XT, though it could also be the super-duper XTR model - hard to tell from that footage. It's similar in appearance but with a few extra Carbon parts and 10-speed gears from the XTR groupset. £3000+ and special order only next year.
Thanks Tim, did look at website and was thinking it might be a PC C9.....

cant see a PC S XT on website:confused: How much is this one?

all the PC S bikes on website seem to be new 10 speed?

also, are all the S series bikes, Including present PCS 300 watt?

EDIT:

Have cracked it I think, It is the PC S DL 10 @ 4049 euro unfortunately ( but hey who pays full price! lol)
The PC S 10 is 3049 euro (£2600) that's 300 watt 18 Ah as well

where can I find the weight of the different models to make a comparison.....

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Eddie, the present PCs is also 300watt

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Eddie, the present PCs is also 300watt
So I guess the flyer S I tried in Germany was a 300 watt also.......No wonder it was so nice:(

So there is no S (sport) version of 250 watt motor?

Last edited:

mikehterry

Just Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Well Tim,
Thanks for the e-flier on the new batteries. When you know what your product is (in terms of warranty) send me another and I might buy one