50cycles Great service

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

I went to the Cycleshow at the weekend and 50cycles stand was most impressive and the Univega stand next to it was a display of some beutiful
bike I wish I had a little less weight to carry or 25 years younger.

Test rode the XXL outside and it goes like the wind, I cannot believe I could actually cycle up a hill something izip could never do. All the guys there were very proffessional and did not mind taking the bike off the stand and outside for me to try. I met the owners of 50cycles and they were very nice people and offer a great service.

They have the bike in stock, I ordered at the show, they rang me this morning to arrange payment and are deliverying tommorow even dixons did not provide me quicker. I cannot wait.

thx

Bob

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
I ordered my bike two weeks ago and it was delivered in less than 24 hours which is seriously impressive.. I'd be even more impressed if 50C would send a replacement for the broken reflector it arrived with though... Still waiting for a response from my last email and voicemail messages I sent them last week.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I ordered my bike two weeks ago and it was delivered in less than 24 hours which is seriously impressive.. I'd be even more impressed if 50C would send a replacement for the broken reflector it arrived with though... Still waiting for a response from my last email and voicemail messages I sent them last week.
That sounds a little less contrived than the opening post. ;)

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi Fecn

Maybe you should call them tommorow, they were extremely busy today and i had to call back to confirm my delivery address and struggled to get through, they said this was due to a super busy day catching up after the cycleshow efforts and delivering lots of bikes, when I seen the stand looked very professional like a lot of effort for a small company I was impressed.

The economy must be difficult for small business at the moment a reflector mayve overlooked.

thx

bob

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Yeeeeeeeeehaaaa

Just got in and my bike is delivered, giving it a charge now and reading the manual. The wheels are reinforced on the XXL, look like army wheels.

It looks so nice in the flesh and even better in my living room than in the cycleshow.

I might have to ride to the shops to test it out and buy some milk.

Thanks 50cycles for this product, I did not think there was a bike
for somebody my size out there.

thx

Bob

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Hi Fecn

Maybe you should call them tommorow...

As it happens I did call them today... They said that they did send the first reflector but must have either sent it to the wrong address.. or it was lost by the postman. Another one is on it's way to me now - Hopefully that will arrive tomorrow or Thursday.

Glad to hear you got your bike today... Waiting for the battery to charge before I could go out for a test ride was 4 of the longest hours of my life. If you're anything like me, you'll find yourself making excuses for going to the shops now just so you can go out on your bike. My wife hasn't been in a supermarket since my bike arrived :) It's amazing how quickly the gentle exercise makes you feel fitter.

Beanie101

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2008
Verbier, Switzerland
The economy must be difficult for small business at the moment a reflector mayve overlooked.

thx

bob
Unless they need big new loans to finance working capital, which I doubt, I think that satisfying rampant demand is the only difficulty facing companies in this sector who have a decent product offering. Mad fuel prices, concerns about pollution (and especially CO2) and the attraction of keeping fit must mean that this is one business that is doing seriously well, whatever happens elsewhere.

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
I agree Beanie, I think the problem is that dealers cant get enough bikes to satisfy demand, so they have to look at reducing staff. This is also complicated by most of the dealers being quite small. They have to stay efficient, but at the same time they want to give good service, and so it generally ends up that they miss things.

I was at one time very critical of a well known Scottish company that is extremely well regarded on this forum. I ordered a mirror from them, which took over 10 weeks to arrive (first it was sent, then it wasnt in stock, then it was, 'oh yes I meant to send that out'), basically because the bloke was just so busy.

:confused:

John

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi All

Well that was simply the best day of my life, i waited until the morning to give the battery a long charge. I am not sure how a unfit guy like me travels 10 miles on a bike, it is truly a miracle. I have just biked to my work and cannot believe how quickly I got it and feeling fresh too. I must say this is the best thing and found the gearing fine for my weight, I do not think I will change the cog.

I feel like the service at 50cycles was the best experience since my washing machine installation by sainsbury online 3 years ago that took the rubbish and the old machine with them.

thx

Bob

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

I have just woke up and off to work to continue my dream on the Agattu, my journey last night was quicker than the previous day which mean I am getting fitter all the time.

I really cannot express in word how great this is and how its changer my life

thx

Bob

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi

I have just woke up and off to work to continue my dream on the Agattu, my journey last night was quicker than the previous day which mean I am getting fitter all the time.

I really cannot express in word how great this is and how its changer my life

thx

Bob
Same for me Bob. Before the Agattu, it used to take me about an hour to get to work (walking and bussing), but now on the bike it's not long enough!! In 10 months or so I have managed to cut my commute which includes a seriously steep long hill form about 20 mins when I started to on av 12 mins. I used to take on the hill in 3rd, now I can deal with it in 6th or even 7th when I feel particularly energetic. My average speed up the hill has increased from about 6 mph to 11 or 12 mph...And I can beat my colleague who drives home ( he works in the same place and lives just down the road) often by as much as 40 mins!!

It is simply magnificent:)

BW
Tom
musicbooks