50cycles shop in London

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
We put the first bikes in display in there this afternoon and I was surprised at the early interest - schoolkids and their dads stopping in their tracks. Someone saw me gliding uphill on an a Tasman before going into the shop and had to stop me to check how I did it. This is going to be fun.

Looking like we will be fully open next week. I will post full details shortly and publish a new dedicated page on our website.
Will you have the new Sahel range in your Richmond shop? Actually do you have the Sahel in loughborough in all sizes?

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Will you have the new Sahel range in your Richmond shop? Actually do you have the Sahel in loughborough in all sizes?
There'll be a Sahel Comfort on display, yes. That's the one with the Brooks saddle and handgrips. Good-looking bike.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
I am assuming that all the sahels pros and comforts are the 55cm large frame? Are you expecting any other sizes in?

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
good news about another e-bike shop opening,,,,,but there is an untapped market further north.....hows about opening one in preston/blackburn...the rent would be a fraction of anything in london....and there is more need in these hills ! :)

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
good news about another e-bike shop opening,,,,,but there is an untapped market further north.....hows about opening one in preston/blackburn...the rent would be a fraction of anything in london....and there is more need in these hills ! :)
No need to go so far north - Warrington would be fine! I'm slowly forming the thought that it might be time to move on from PowaBike but there's nowhere locally to try a range of more modern bike. Yes, move to Warrington! (Cheshire) :confused:

dan

Pedelecer
Sep 30, 2009

How about Valley Scooters in Bolton....I think they stock a good range of Ebikes

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
How about Valley Scooters in Bolton....I think they stock a good range of Ebikes
yes correct,, they do,would be nice if they had kalkhoffs as well then there would be the full complement to try.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Well, the place is looking more like a shop now so I'm happy to give out the address as

50cycles Electric Bike Shop
82 Hill Rise
Richmond upon Thames
Surrey TW10 6UB

More information and a map online

We have a 2010 Sahel Comfort, 2010 Agattu step-thru, 2010 Pro Connect LX and a Tasman on display there right now and there'll soon be a selection of Yakkay and Casco helmets too. There are plenty of the Spooklight and Nukelights in stock too.

More bikes to follow too, including a small hire fleet to whizz around Richmond Park on. More on that side of the business at Electric bike hire in Richmond Park

We'll be fully open on Tuesday 1 June. Next time, I'll post some pictures.

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Also available to view as a web page

New London electric bike shop now open

Our new shop in Richmond is now open and You'll find us at 82 Hill Rise, Richmond TW10 6UB and current opening times are 9:00am - 5:30pm Tuesday to Friday, 10am - 2pm Saturday and also Sundays soon.

We're about 10 minutes walk from Richmond railway station, which connects to Waterloo, the London Overground and the District Line. Richmond bus station is 5 minutes away and there's on-street parking near the shop. Bikes can be locked immediately opposite our premises.

Richmond itself is well worth a visit with scores of restaurants, cafés, bars, shops of every description and a superb riverside area. Kew Gardens, Hampton Court Palace and of course Richmond Park are all within easy reach, so you could really make a day of it.

What's in store
The current line-up includes the 2010 Sahel Comfort, Pro Connect LX & Agattu Step Thru. We also have the 2009 Tasman Gents on special offer, a Pro Connect S & the new Oxygen E-Mate City. There are Casco E.Motion helmets, Nukelights and Spooklights. A selection of Yakkay helmets will join them soon.

And soon, for the first time, we'll have a non-electric bike on display, the gorgeously retro Kalkhoff Nostalgie (pictured left).

Hill Rise: a test ride paradise
The immediate area is perfect for test-riding ebikes, with some serious hills, riverside routes and miles of cycle track in Richmond Park. We'll soon have a number of electric bikes that will be available to hire by the hour (and if you decide to buy one of our bikes, we'll deduct the rental from your purchase price).

We know many of you have been waiting a long time for a proper retail outlet for Kalkhoff electric bikes to arrive in this area, so pay us a visit and you're sure to have a warm welcome and a lot of fun.

Call free on 0800 0288 116, buy online or order via secure live chat
That's all for now, thank you for reading

The 50cycles Team

Leesome

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 8, 2010
Like the offer of rental, own two kit bikes and would like to try some purpose built units, next time in town. Great looking shop inside and out. Reads like a idea location.