50t Chainring/Crankset

C

Cyclezee

I'm looking for a reasonably priced 50t or larger chainring with or without crankset to replace the 38t one on my FreeGo Eagle, so if anyone Knows where I can get one please let me know.
If with cranks, it needs to be a square tapered fit.

J:) hn

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Try chainreaction.co.uk and wiggle.co.uk, you'll need to know the BCD of the spider if you don't want to buy a complete crank set.

C

Cyclezee

Job Done

Whilst at my local recycling:cool: depot this afternoon, I had a look at the discarded bikes and found what I was looking for at a very resonable price, freeeeee;).

It was an MTB with a triple chainring crankset and guard the largest ring having 48 teeth, OK the cranks are steel, but beggars can't be choosers.
I removed what I needed then went home and took off the 2 smaller rings and pedals then swaped the cranksets.

I had to remove the original chainguard and bend the brackets back slightly, I will remove the bracket completly at a later date. Whilst doing this, I removed the pedal motion sensor so that the bike is now throttle assist only and much more controlable.

The larger chainring is a big improvement and I can now make use of the other 5 gears which served little purpose before.

Unfortunately the photo doesn't show the teeth as they are hidden by the plastic guard, but there are 48 of them:confused:
P1040060.JPG

J:) hn​

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
Cor! You didn't hang around did you :eek:

Nice one, well done :D

Vikki.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I'm looking for a reasonably priced 50t or larger chainring with or without crankset to replace the 38t one on my FreeGo Eagle, so if anyone Knows where I can get one please let me know.
If with cranks, it needs to be a square tapered fit.

J:) hn
Hiya

I see you have sorted it but for future record Spa cycles in Yorkshire have a good selection.
I change every crank or chainring on my bikes because for some silly reason all these Chinese E bikes come with far too small a front ring.
My folder now has a 57tooth front ring and it was transformed. My wifes has a 55T. My powertrek has a 52 as does my Evans Kit conversion but my Aurora only has a 48 but it`s saving grace is a 13 rear top gear.

Enjoy your new top gear:D