75MPH ebike?!?!? Has anyone tried frame-mounted non-hub motors?

pjvenner

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2011
Browsing eBay I stumbled on this: 2000w Off-Roads Electric Motor e Bike Bicycle Kit ebike | eBay UK

This particular 75MPH [extremely illegal on road] variant is strictly for suicide jockeys, and it's not cheap, but there are smaller versions from the same guy for those of us who would rather eat a cabbage than become one. All the UK sourced kits appear to be hub-motor based but these frame mounted motors appear to be more efficient and easier to fit.

Would be interesting to know if anyone has tried these out, and if there are any UK based suppliers.

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
I like speed but that is just stupid and that is the quickest way of forcing the government to impose stricter monitoring if people start using them. It says the kit is 15kg without batteries so you will have one heavy fast death trap

pjvenner

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2011
Didn't mean to make a repeat thread but I used several variations on the title for a search & found nothing. Could you point me in the right direction?

vhfman

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2008
I think that a similar thread can be found Here, about high power/speed bikes.

This Australian kit looks like the old Cyclone stuff, you can get that direct from Taiwan or use the UK agent.

I wouldn't recommend this set up unless you are truly off road, and then there are better options to look for.

This system is noisy, heavy and a chain breaker, avoid.

Chris