8.8Ah 36V Hailong Type Downtube Battery

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hi when i bought my Panda 250w conversion kit for my Boardman sports Hybrid cycle
i ordered a 8.8Ah 36v Hailong type Downtube Battery which works ok and will give me
about 25miles to the charge as long as i peddle,but i would like to travell a little further ,
so what would be the best option?
would it be to add another Battery like the same as i am using
or just use one battery thats hell of a lot better and more expensive .

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that depends on how far you want to go and your budget.
I have in stock 13AH, 15AH and arriving soon 17.5AH in HL casing.

• Useful
Reactions: IR772
D

Deleted member 4366

8.8Ah is most likely 10S4P (40 cells) samsung 22P cells. For the same configuration in the same case, and hence the same weight, with Samsung GA cells, you'd get 14Ah, which would get you 60% further. With two batteries the same, you could have two electric bikes and swap the batteries as you please. They normally come with the receiver/base and a charger.

The case can hold 50 cells, so for a 25% weight increase, you can go right up to 17.5Ah. The bottle fixings might be a little strained if you use a 50 cell battery, so it's good practice to add an extra rivnut to hold the base. that takes about 10 minutes and costs less than a quid. no special tools required, but you need a couple of strips of steel with a 5.5 or 6 mm hole drilled in them or a couple of penny washers.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
I keep seeing reference to hl batteries but whats the difference between hl and dolphin (ihave 13,4ah 300mm lx120hx80w) case size what is a ga cell please.

thank you

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
this is a HL battery, the case is made by the Hailong company.

• Useful
Reactions: IR772

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
2 batteries means you have to carry one somewhere.
Either in a back pack or panniers, a larger 17.5 battery is heavier but also convenient as you shouldn't need to swap over. For longer rides you should be thinking of taking tools/spares with you and also provisions maybe in which case small panniers etc are ideal. Another small battery is ideal for carrying in panniers but better still is to get one with better cells in.
Your HL battery should be able to accommodate 10s 5p so 50 cells or get a new 50 cell HL and keep your small battery as well, Eclipse sell them with the Samsung 30Q's.
http://www.eclipsebikes.com/hailong-15ah-lithium-frame-battery-samsung-cells-p-1122.html

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
that depends on how far you want to go and your budget.
I have in stock 13AH, 15AH and arriving soon 17.5AH in HL casing.
Hi thank you for your reply i have just been on your web site and you have some Batterys that i may be interested in ,but i need to do a little more home work,but thank you .

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
8.8Ah is most likely 10S4P (40 cells) samsung 22P cells. For the same configuration in the same case, and hence the same weight, with Samsung GA cells, you'd get 14Ah, which would get you 60% further. With two batteries the same, you could have two electric bikes and swap the batteries as you please. They normally come with the receiver/base and a charger.

The case can hold 50 cells, so for a 25% weight increase, you can go right up to 17.5Ah. The bottle fixings might be a little strained if you use a 50 cell battery, so it's good practice to add an extra rivnut to hold the base. that takes about 10 minutes and costs less than a quid. no special tools required, but you need a couple of strips of steel with a 5.5 or 6 mm hole drilled in them or a couple of penny washers.
Hi thankyou for the informatiion but i am afraid my Enginearing skills are not good lol but thanks
Hi thank you for your reply i have just been on your web site and you have some Batterys that i may be interested in ,but i need to do a little more home work,but thank you .

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
2 batteries means you have to carry one somewhere.
Either in a back pack or panniers, a larger 17.5 battery is heavier but also convenient as you shouldn't need to swap over. For longer rides you should be thinking of taking tools/spares with you and also provisions maybe in which case small panniers etc are ideal. Another small battery is ideal for carrying in panniers but better still is to get one with better cells in.
Your HL battery should be able to accommodate 10s 5p so 50 cells or get a new 50 cell HL and keep your small battery as well, Eclipse sell them with the Samsung 30Q's.
http://www.eclipsebikes.com/hailong-15ah-lithium-frame-battery-samsung-cells-p-1122.html
Hi thankyou i have just been looking at http://www.eclipsebikes.com/hailong-15ah-lithium-frame-battery-samsung-cells-p-1122.html and they certainly have what i am looking for maybe a little bit more exspencive than what i was hoping for but worth thinking about .Brian

D

Deleted member 4366

The Eclipse batteries are generally good value - when they have them in stock!

Cliff-C

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2016
UK
I have an eclipse 14.5ah with 29 cells. Bit cheaper and more than enough range for me.

I have had good service from Eclipse but their website does not always appear to be up to date so suggest emailing them to confirm stock levels if you are interested.

Sent from my Paris using Tapatalk

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I think the eclipse 8.8 use lg cells which they seem to claim, a 48v one is up to powering their 1000 watt motor kits, though no mention of what amp controller is used on this kit.