8fun crank drive kit

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Because off the issue with support I think we will stay with complete kits our battery has a 50A BMS

the Motor will demand 30Amps and most cheap 48 volt batteries will only give 20Amps

Frank
Hi Frank,

What time warantee will your Company be providing on the motor and transmission?

Will you be stating any restrictive type of use exclusions on the kit if it will be drawing 30A @ 48v?

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Our kit will have a 12 month warranty on the motor kit and battery

Battery subject to a 70% capacity after 12 months

Frank

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi with a 750 watt motor i think it is meant to take some stick not sure how long the chain and gear set will last

It wont be covered if you go off road and hit a rock and smash the case

Frank

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi with a 750 watt motor i think it is meant to take some stick not sure how long the chain and gear set will last

It wont be covered if you go off road and hit a rock and smash the case

Frank
OK understood, when will you be testing it out?

bisacalown

Just Joined
May 26, 2013
The 750W 48v version is now available from Alibaba. Single unit 440 USD, shipping to UK 75 USD, so about£320 total, plus any import duties etc.....

Not sure if this will be the same as the 2014 version or not. Anyone?

I think if this was coupled with a NuVinci N360 rear hub it would make a very capable bike, IMO.

edriver

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 8, 2013
If you have three cogs can you keep them or do you lose two when going for crank drive?

melb-ourne

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 3, 2013
melb, australia
The 750W 48v version is now available from Alibaba. Single unit 440 USD, shipping to UK 75 USD, so about£320 total, plus any import duties etc.....

Not sure if this will be the same as the 2014 version or not. Anyone?

I think if this was coupled with a NuVinci N360 rear hub it would make a very capable bike, IMO.
Minimum Order: 10 Set/Sets .... Are they flexible or I need to order 10 crank drive kit?

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi We are only Going to sell the 750 watt crank drive as a complete Kit with the Kube mounted battery or Back pack The battery weight is 4.5 kilos complete with 4Amp charger 48 volt 15 AH the kit will have a throttle as we price £1295 just looking at delivery dates

Frank

st1vo

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2013
Does anyone know if this kit can be fitted as a pedal assist only without the throttle and cut out brake levers (im thinking hydraulic brakes)
Any info appreciated asap as I'm about to order one....
Has anyone got hands on experience with it yet....
Silly question, but how would it compare to a Bosch unit (apart from being a fraction of the cost!!)
Thanks in advance :))

C

Cyclezee

Does anyone know if this kit can be fitted as a pedal assist only without the throttle and cut out brake levers (im thinking hydraulic brakes)
Any info appreciated asap as I'm about to order one....
Has anyone got hands on experience with it yet....
Silly question, but how would it compare to a Bosch unit (apart from being a fraction of the cost!!)
Thanks in advance :))
In answer to your questions st1vo,

Yes, it can be pedelec only without the brake lever cut offs connected.

Yes, hands on experience, we sell and install them.

In my humble opinion the biggest difference between this and the Bosch system is the price.......plus the fact that there is no Bosch kit.

One of our demo bikes with a BBS-01 kit fitted.​
20130917_115808.jpg

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that's what I've got.
You set the assist level (I leave the LCD at level 1 most of the time, only bump up to 3 on hills) then just pedal away.
It works OK. I'd say the output is about the same as you'd get on a Bosch bike but power delivery is not precisely synchronized like Bosch bikes. Perhaps it's better with throttle.
The weight is comparable to a Bosch bike. Mine weighs about 20 kgs.

Last edited:

st1vo

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2013
Thanks for the replys...
When you say 'it works OK' do you mean OK as in great, or OK as in not too bad?!!
Any experience of the gladway bikes with the centre drive built into the frame??

D

Deleted member 4366

It would be better to fit brake switches if you can. There is a slight delay between stopping pedalling and the power cutting off. There's always solutions for hydraulic brakes, but if you don't have the ability to find one, you can always change the back one for a cable one. It's the front that does all the stopping.