8fun crank drive kit

st1vo

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2013
Either that or look ahead and stop pedalling before you need to stop!!
So should I go for 36v250w, 48v250w, 36v350w, 48v350w, or 48v750w...
Has anyone tried any different models??
I think the 36v250w can only handle 15A, is this enough??
Ideally I want to build a brutish off-road beast!!! :))

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Either that or look ahead and stop pedalling before you need to stop!!
So should I go for 36v250w, 48v250w, 36v350w, 48v350w, or 48v750w...
Has anyone tried any different models??
I think the 36v250w can only handle 15A, is this enough??
Then I suggest you start another thread in the appropriate section.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Sorry, I thought this section was about the 8fun crank drive kit!!
Hi st1vo,

this section is for:

Forum: Electric Bicycles

General discussion about electric bikes, e-bikes, pedelecs, pedal-assist. The current UK law states maximum power output of 200 watts (250w Europe, yes we are in Europe!) and a motor that should not propel the e-bike past 15mph. Please ensure all conversations respect the current (albeit slightly foggy) legislation.

If you want to discuss off road bikes with or without 8fun crank drive kits then use this one:

Forum: UK off-road, S Pedelecs & overseas

Any conversations regarding use of electric bikes on private land, outside Europe and discussing motor propulsion beyond 15mph or maximum power outputs above 250w, please keep conversations in here.

I hope that helps.

D

Deleted member 4366

What's the matter with you complaining whenever anybody types a number bigger thsn 250. He's asking if the 250w is enough. You should answer yes or no and justify your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

st1vo

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2013
OK, I'll re-word my post...
Is the 36v250w version enough??!
I'm wondering if anyone has experience of the differing power options??

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
What's the matter with you complaining whenever anybody types a number bigger thsn 250. He's asking if the 250w is enough. You should answer yes or now and justify your answer.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Just as well shut-down all the other sections & just have the Offroad one then.

Ho - Hum...

st1vo

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2013
Do you want to build a brutish beast with a 250w motor, or would you like me to recommend to you some even more brutish ones?
I think I'd like to explore the more brutish options... but maybe not in this thread!!
Don't want to annoy anyone!!
I'd like a cool lcd display too showing everything I can think of!!

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I think I'd like to explore the more brutish options... but maybe not in this thread!!
Keep it on here the mainstream thread as some of us would like too see what you try or eventually buy,apart from the boring brigade who will probably die before they have lived,even flecc used to ride a 22mph electric bike they are great fun, in my opinion you get far more smiles per mile on a more powerful bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

I
The Cycle Analyst is pretty good, but you'd be doubling up on all the stuff on the 8Fun LCD. It not only gives all the electrical and battery info, you can use it to control parameters like maximum current/speed/temperature/etc, plus you can put a profile on the throttle response and do loads of other things.

The Speedict Mercury is also good for showing battery info. It also logs your journey via GPS, so you can see how much power/speed you had up your favourite hill. It transmits to an Android phone via bluetooth.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi st1vo.

Just to reassure you that I am not annoyed by your posts.

As a new member I just wanted to advise you of new forum guidelines.

If you wish to pursue your own thread based on what you ideally want to achieve then the section mentioned would be the correct place to start it.

st1vo

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2013
Fair enough... I've started my own thread on my build plan and would appreciate any input b4 I blow £750

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
It seems as if there still a lot of confusion over the different types of motor available due to a lack of information direct from the manufacturer.
8fun the European distributor has removed all reference to the product and there is only a compilation of broken information circulating around the web.

CoachMark

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 10, 2013
The Yorkshire Alps
I'm a new member and, based on my interpretation of the advice I've had so far, am interested in converting my bike (photo attached) with a crank drive.

DSCF2822.jpg

I've not had the chance to try one yet but wondered what the forum thought about the 8Fun's power to get my 85Kg up our steep Yorkshire hills?

big_gems

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 21, 2013
What's the best 48v frame mounted battery to go with the 750watt unit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk