8fun hub motor making clicking sound

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
ive just took the wheel of and notice that the cassette has got some play in it could this be the problems

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's very normal to get a ticking from the brake disc. Are you sure it's not that that you're hearing?

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
no its not brake disc i did have this problem with the old cassette when i put the new one on it went away now the noise its back

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
Now I can concentrate on solving my own problems, like where to get a decent 4k G-sync monitor from, which is the most frustrating problem I've tried to solve in years.
Did you solve that yet? Both ccl and laptops direct have the pg279q last I looked, but 27" may be smaller than you wanted..

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
Is it touching the motor at the back?
no its not the wheel as a buckle in it but the spokes are all tight i will take the wheels to the bike shop to get them sorted i did notice that it only makes the clicking noise when im on the bike there no clicking or noise when i lift the back wheel up and turn the pedals

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Did you solve that yet? Both ccl and laptops direct have the pg279q last I looked, but 27" may be smaller than you wanted..
CCL has only 1440 version and Laptops direct has neither. I managed to snag a refurb Acer predator XB3 for £700 in the end, which is perfect. You can't get a new one for love nor money. My mate could only find a refurb Acer Nitro after 2 weeks of pulling his hair out. Just waiting for my new PC now, which is the only way you can get a graphics card.

• Informative
Reactions: PC2017

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
i took the wheel to the bike shop to get the wheel true and they did not want to know the clicking noise is grting louder

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It seems to be doing it whether you're freewheeling or not, which means it must be coming from inside the motor or the motor is touching something..

johnc46

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2010
I had a similar noise, mine sounded like a football rattle, a small screw had come out from the motor unit luckily it did no damage put it back with Loctite no problems since.

Attachments