8fun kit 20" wheel, bottle battery

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
8fun kit with hub motor in 20" (standard BMX 406mm rim), Tyre and tube (unused), 36v 10AH bottle battery and charger, box that fits on the frame for controller and connectors. Pedelec sensor, with minor change to allow fitting to left hand side of crank. Handlebar control panel and throttle. It can run in 'auto' pedelec mode or throttle mode.

I chose the bottle battery to centralise weight, rather than hanging it off the back of the bike. Bought end Jul (this year!), put together Aug. Ridden 80 miles, with 4 charges to battery. .

The motor assists to 14mph, so just under the 15mph limit. I assume this is because of smaller wheel size and that there will be a corresponding extra bit of oomph for the hills. Certainly feels a competent climber.

It's a nice kit, but I've just bought Walkermans Pro-Connect and Lafree and can't really justify 3 electric bikes!

£300 posted in original box.

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
PRICE REDUCED to £265 posted.
If you're willing to sacrifice a bit of hill climb ability this motor would rebuild into a 26" or 700 wheel and assist to 18/19mph :)

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
Hi

I might be interested. Do you have photos that you can post & what bike was it used with? The reason that I am asking is that I would like to fit to a Dahon folder.

Thanks

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
I'm afraid I've sold the kit now, but I can take some photos when I pack it up and put them up on flickr.

(I was very close to pointing you towards my ad, but you'd specifically said you weren't interested in a 36v kit and the motor wheel is for a standard 100mm dropout and it's a bit irritating to get links from sellers ignoring your stated requirements!)

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
I would have certainly considered it even though the kit didn't meet my stated requirements. Anyway, pleased that you got it sold!