905e battery HELP

sjoroveren

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 12, 2008
no works at all

Dick in Shangai is very nice and he does what he can, but the problems are still there, I am not a engineering, and I cant solve myself the mistakes that were done from the factory.

I bought a 1200€ bike, that has a old kind of battery, according what you wrote before, and that doesn t work as e-bike at all.
Yesterday I used my normal non-ebike bicycle on the same streets that the wisper can t climb, and it was much easier with it than with the e-bike, that anyway now doesn t work at all, no help, no sign of life from the engine at all.

I supposed that the customer that buys something should receive a object that works, without having to repair it himself, but I was wrong, it seems.

Till now I have only wasted a lot of time, and I have been very irritated with this bike, I bought it to have a ecologic way to ride to work and to avoid the parking problems with car, and I have had only problems, sorry, you are very nice guy, but I can t be happy with the bike, especially when I see many500-700 € e-bikes with old kind of battery and 24" wheels that look terrible and cheap, but that works as they should and climb the hills without any problems, and my new expensive bike doesn t start at all now, no life in it.
Also today I wasted the morning ( it is holiday in Italy ) trying to follow the instructions I received from Dick, but no result, another sunny holidays morning wasted in the garage becoming irritated.

What am I suppose to do now? Maybe better to forget to have bought the 905Se, put it in the garage and use my normal bike as I have always done, so at least I don t waste my days trying to repair it?

Sorry if I have been quite hard, but I am really frustrated and tired with all those problems, and I am tired to waste my free time looking the 905 wiring and trying to understand why it doesn t work.
I work a lot, and I have a high stress kind of job, and I don t want to have problems even when I am free, because now I don t think to use the 905 to go work, of course, I lost already an appointment because it, now I use the car to be sure, (100% made in Japan....... 8 years, never 1 problem ).
Is there no way to make up for expenses and wasted time with the disappeared not reliable german seller ?

sjoroveren

May 12, 2008
Anyway this is the last replay from Shanghai......

Re: RE: 905Se, wiring problems?‏
Da: Dick Lai---WEVCO (********)
Inviato: lunedì 2 giugno 2008 12.09.28
A: Gianni D.M. (*********)
Cc: miall (********)
Dear Gianni,

there are two reasons:

1) the battery

2) the wirings.

So it's better that you can show the bike to the ant ebike seller shop. They can help you.

Best regards,

Dick Lai---WEVCO
2008-06-02

So, what I can do now, where can I go to repair the bike, or maybe I will have a useless bike, bought new, that never worked from 1st day, and nothing to do with it, as the German seller doesn t ever replay to my mail?

The german seller knew that the bike had some mistakes, but did not do anything, and sold it without caring at all, without doing the changing in wiring that the factory suggested, never replayed to my mails :mad: :mad: :mad:
Anyway is the factory that has the main responsibility in case of products defects, in my opinion.
Now I used my money for a useless bike, and I can t afford to buy a good and expensive one more right now, so I don t have any e-bike.
Maybe I can find someone to repair, paying with my money of course.... but I have no idea where, I had already changed the seat and the back tire, that exploded while I was doing a riding test down a normal asphalt street in my town, maybe a little hole, but anyway :eek: .

If someone has a suggestion where i can send the bike to repair I would be very grateful.
Thank you.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Repair

If someone has a suggestion where i can send the bike to repair I would be very grateful.
Thank you.
Hi again sjoroveren

Sorry that Dick has not been able to help. He has copied me in with all the emails between you and I do think that the email you published doesn't make sense out of context.

I don't want to go into too much detail as this subject has been openly discussed on this forum too many times already. I will say however that we recalled all the German bikes and offered a full refund because there was a wiring problem. The German dealer decided to keep them and sell them on ebay with the problem unresolved. Any liability has therefore been passed to the German dealer.

However, I personally hate the thought of anyone owning a Wisper and being dissatisfied, so my offer still stands. If you send the bike back to us in UK we will sort it out for you.

Best regards David

sjoroveren

May 12, 2008
I wrote he have been very nice, and he did what he could, sorry for the misandersteding, I did not mean that he doesn t want to do anything, but only that it is not possible to repair the bike without a expert.
As I told, English is not my language, and it needs a lot of time and energy for me to write all these mails.
As I told, I am a customer, and i bought a very expensive e-bike ( in my opinion it is very expensive, compared with the bikes I see in my places ) and I expected that the bike should at least work....... really I expected that it should have been better than the other I see, but now I would be happy if it could ride as any other e-bike.

Dick send me a list over people that produce/import e-bikes in Italy, I can try to ask if someone can help me, but I think anyway the producer should repair the bike, but send it to UK is very expensive, so I am obliged to try to find someone here that can repair it, even if I must pay for all, because I don t know if the warranty are good, the bike is new, and it is really a scam that it was sold with known defects and no one have responsability for it, as the German doesn t replay at all.
Could he sell a defected bike without say anything about it? And why if the factory knew about it why did you let him do it, without any advice to the customers, not to the ones that bought it on e-bay at least?
I told, you and Dick seems to be very nice, and are sure ok, but I can t be happy with the Wisper, because it doesn t work at all, and the worst is that it was a known defect... really a pity.

Now Dick send me that :
* Business type: manufacturer, exporter
* Address: Via Roma 60, cogollo del cengio, VI Italy 36020
* Telephone: 00390445 320173
* FAX: 00390445 320173
* Web Site: http://www.lukas-two.com
* E-mail: Send Email to Lukas Two
I will try to call this one tomorrow ( today it is holiday in Italy ) to see if someone can repair the bike, if not I will be obliged to send the bike to you to repair, as the German disappeared and anyway he is not the producer, only a seller.
Any suggestion about how can I send the box without pay so much money, the prices are really expensive !

sjoroveren

May 12, 2008
solved

Today I found some expert that could assemble the wiring as Dick said, or almost, as there were some differences from the photos, the contact were lit different, but it looks it works, as pedelec at least.
I don t know too much difference if I ride with the "green" or the "red" button on, I suppose they are on after a 3-4 seconds pressure on them, but no spy to tell me, anyway the throttle works, and I did the same short hill I tried to ride yesterday, now with the throttle it is possible to decide how much assistance, and I climbed the hill to a reasonable speed of 14/12 Km/h without helping too much with my legs, as i had to do last time.

There are some cut/off quite rough, I don t know if it is normally, anyway at least now it works and I am happy, for the other things I am sure I will fix them.

Thank you for help, I actually think one should not sell a bike with defects, but it was the german shop that did it, you and Dick have been very nice, I hope now the bike will have no problems, and maybe there will be a Wisper dealer near me soon, so if problems I am sure I will receive professional help.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
sjoroveren, there is an Italian electric bike forum where you can join and ask questions, and that might be helpful to you in future:

E-bike forum Italy

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Good news

Thank you for help, I actually think one should not sell a bike with defects, but it was the German shop that did it, you and Dick have been very nice, I hope now the bike will have no problems, and maybe there will be a Wisper dealer near me soon, so if problems I am sure I will receive professional help.
Hi sjoroveren

I am delighted to hear that the problem has been solved, however there does seem to be something wrong if you are getting cut outs, please let me know if this smaller problem persists.

Best regards David

sjoroveren

May 12, 2008
Hi
Sorry to replay so late, I have been busy with so many things in the last mounts.

The wiring problems are not solved jet, only because I did not have the time to take the bike to the one that should do it, and now he is having holidays (italian summertime!) so the switch pedelecmode/throttle is not so smooth.

I am waiting to know if there will be a dealer in Italy after summer, so I can send the bike to him to check if all is ok.

sjoroveren

May 12, 2008
It stopped again.......

:mad: :mad:

Now the 905 is "dead" again, no power at all, and all the things I was aid to do on it have been done, the wiring now is as it should be but the power is still nothing, or little more than nothing, the only reason I could use it was that I used it as a normal bike, a muscles bike.... I took a ride with a less than 300 € chinese bike, and the difference from that bike and my Wisper was a lot, for the chinese one of course, that did me a lot of assistance more than the Wisper, actually I don t know almost any difference when I drive with the motor assistance or without it.

The only difference is that if I don t pedal the engine stops in a few seconds, not more than 4-5 seconds, and needs many minutes before the lights on the dashboard come back again.

At the end, I paid a lot of money for a bike that never worked, I don t have any warranty, no one repair it, and the only assistance I received was some mails.
What should I do now?
I am thinking to claim with consumer association, because I think I have full right to have a bike that works, after all the bike was bought in EU, not in Congo...... how is it possible that someone can sell a totally useless bike and no one do something for that?

I hope someone can help me....... I tried also in the italian pedelec forum, but no one else dare to buy a Wisper in Italy, and no one has any idea how to solve all the problems of my bike.

I am thinking to sell it, and to not buy another e-bike for long time, if someone thinks he can use it and wants to buy it is welcome.

sjoroveren

May 12, 2008
No replay

I have not received any replay to my mails neither from the german dealer or from Wisper, but the bike still no works.
I have had that bike for more than 3 months, and could not use it cause the many problems.....

Still waiting for help, but I am loosing hope to have a decent bike, maybe it was better to buy another e-bike, sorry but the 905 really disappointed me, I can not understand how it can be possible that someone can sell a 1200€ bicycle that no works, and no give assistance at all :confused: :confused: :confused:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Again Sjoroveren

Please arrange for the bike to be sent back to us and I will sort it out for you free of charge.

We have appointed a Partner in North of Italy now so if you want him to look after the bike he will do but he would have to make a charge.

Best regards David

Advertisers