99p bungee cheapie

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
I found this bungee with key ring type clip in one of the 99p Shops yesterday and thought others might find it handy. They do several lengths.

The usual ones with hooks always seem to be designed with hooks too big at the base to fit through the rack gap I want. This type is much quicker and more versatile.

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
Wow! That is a good idea.

Vikki.

Onei

Just Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Bungee

Will certainly look out for those! Just when I have nearly done up the second hook the first one pings off and smacks me. What a great post, Thanks

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Lemmy:
Unfortunately here in the leafy glades of affluent Weybridge we don't have 99p shops. I did look in the "9 guinea" shop in the High Street but they only had standard ones. Was your local one in New Malden or elsewhere?

Colin

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Lemmy:
Unfortunately here in the leafy glades of affluent Weybridge we don't have 99p shops. I did look in the "9 guinea" shop in the High Street but they only had standard ones. Was your local one in New Malden or elsewhere?
Colin
It's in Kingston. They have a store locator Here There seem to be a lot of them across the country.

A lot of their stuff is branded but just much cheaper. People have pointed out useful cycling stuff at Lidl too, I don't know how they get the prices but they do have some remarkable deals sometimes.

Colin, they do have some at 9 guineas but you have to buy them in tens, so if you send me 90 guineas, I'll buy them and send them to you :D

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Thanks for the info Lemmy. A useful link for anyone else wanting some. I know the store and I think I can get into Kingston this weekend, so I will buy some of the cheap ones myself :), rather than put you to any trouble. ;)

Colin

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
After a trip this morning to the Royal Borough I am now the proud owner of some of these. The lengths I saw were 36", 60", and 72" and the quality seems fine.

Thanks Lemmy.:)

Also of interest to those with bikes worth £1,000+, they sell an excellent bike lock for 99p which will deter any self respecting thieves - they will be wetting themselves with laughter at the sight of the pretty little pink thing.:D

Colin