9AH battery on Chinese vs European bike, What is the difference?

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
If we disregard the quality of other component for a little while, a Chinese bike with a 9AH battery and an European bike with 9Ah battery, what would be the difference in terms of milage on same terrain with similar pedal assist, riding the same person?

Similarly, in general 36V 9Ah battery and 24V 9ah battery, which would give more milage on similar terrain with similar pedal assist, riding the same person? Would there be any difference at all?

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

With an Ansmann 36v 9Ah battery you get a 3 year warranty, with a Chinese battery you will be lucky to get more than one year.

What price peace of mind?

Reactions: Scott clarke

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
not much difference in performance.
You pay more for a European made battery because of higher labour cost and distribution system, the cells are probably from the same company (Samsung, Panasonic, Sony etc).
You also pay for the longer warranty if bought from a shop, usually 2 years instead of one year from many direct importers.
The cost of the batteries could be viewed as a service charge, a battery with 3 year warranty seems cheap if costing less than twice the price of the equivalent battery with just one year warranty.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
About £500,hehe.....
KudosDave
Most seem to use Samsung Korean cells these days.
The LifePo4 cells are longer life but lower energy density.....I was shown a LifePo4 cell battery from a weather station that was 17 years old and still performing well,the manufacturer was Chinese.
I suspect that many of the European battery assemblers use Korean cells.
Unfortunately 'you cannot tell a book by its cover' these days....I am currently involved in buying auto tooling from China...nearly all the prestigious USA tooling manufacturers are now manufactured in China,virtually every bearing in every car in the world now comes from Hangzhou,every trolley jack in the world now comes out of Changshu....so I suspect there is probably not such a thing as a wholly manufactured European battery,but maybe others know better.
KudosDave

Reactions: Scott clarke