A Couple Of New Pedelec Videos

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
I've posted 2 new videos, a short one and a long one. One is the Thames tow-path Kingston to Richmond
(see here)

the other up Nightingale Lane in Richmond, not far from 50Cycles' showroom and their preferred hill test, I believe.
(see here)

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Going from Google Maps, I'd estimate 1 in 8. Not that steep, I suppose but enough to raise a sweat. I've done it on a none powered bike and it seems a lot steeper!

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Enjoyed your video having never cycled near the Thames but I was desperate to ring a bell or something to warn pedestrians

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
but I was desperate to ring a bell or something to warn pedestrians
I agree but I've had such testy reactions from people on occasion that I prefer to click up and down through the gears to warn people I'm there. The bell does sound a bit like 'look out I'm coming through!"

With slowing down to walking pace and clicking the gears, people get the impression that they are holding a polite person up (you didn't ring the bell at them) and smile as they stand aside.

The noise of the bumpy track and wind on the video does make the gear clciks seem quieter than they really are.