A great day out

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Following on from my recent post about a retrofit throttle, I’d like to send a big thank you to forum member d8veh, and everyone at Oxygen Electric Bikes in Rotherham.

The guys (and lady) at Oxygen Bikes were extremely knowledgeable and informative and after a lovely cup of tea, on a bitterly cold day, rain, sleet and gusty winds couldn’t hold me back on the test rides of a CB and MTB version of the Oxygen range. The CB version had a throttle fitted which confirmed the extra ‘power’ available.

The MTB, with 27 gears, 6 levels of power assist and 3 options of power mode (didn’t get chance to use all of them) whisked me up and down the road with ease.

Satisfied, we headed home, convinced we’d made a good decision, followed an hour later by Alan from Oxygen with the S-Cross MTB all fitted and ready to go.

Oxygen MTB.jpg

I’ve already done some small mods, fitted the throttle device myself and I’ve made and fitted a Lexan mud deflector to go between the rear wheel and the seatpost tube to keep the FD mechanism clean and relocated the front reflector above the mudguard.

I intend to fit some mini lights and Ergon grips soon; waiting for some Heli tape and a shorter stem to arrive before I hit the Dales, weather permitting…
Thanks again to all.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
We have Muc-OFF up here in't North (well West Yorks), but we're that tight we usually send our partner out first with a cloth to get t'thick off so we don't waste it.;)
I love that, I love it :D shall we both then rename it Muc-OFF the finishing touch? :rolleyes:

MS.

Reactions: JPGiant