A right thrashing today.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Out on the Typhoon today and feeling good. I'm going up a very slight slope above the cut out speed. I'm feeling chuffed as I'm at 17mph. The sun is shining, it's hot and there's no wind. My chuffedness was short lived, I heard a slight noise behind me and there he was. A lycra clad racing snake on a bike which weighed about 2kg

Anyway, he passed me quite quickly and was off like a whippet. I could see the slope was tightening up and thought. "I'll catch you soon". Well as the slope became more of a hill the Typhoon slowed to cut in speed but lycra man didn't seem to slow at all. I never caught him and only ever saw him way in the distance. I was defeated.
So I did what any self respecting defeated cyclist would do. I stopped and enjoyed a bottle of Lucozade and ate a packet of crisps.

There's always tomorrow. There's always another packet of crisps. ;)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Yip I know the feeling. Young b'stards wait until they are old and fat that'l teachem

Topdonkey

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
A horse riding a bike o_O
Now that's something you don't see every day ;)
Thats exactly how i read it too and it took me 20 seconds to realise that it wasnt a horse riding a bike, but i had 20 seconds of re reading it saying to myself 'how does a horse ride a bike??' !!!!

• :D
Reactions: IR772

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Can one be chastised?
<best Frankie Howard accent> Oooooo so we like a bit of chastising then do we? <rolls eyes>

Reactions: VictoryV