A slight drop in power for a split second

jedd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2024
Hi again,
I'm a newbie here and recently introduced myself in the introduction section.
I've inherited a virtually new Ebike and the last 4 days I've covered around 100 miles on it.
Wow there addictive and I find it so much more enjoyable to ride than my ordinary road bike.
As I'm completely new to Ebikes it's still a bit of learning curve,but from what I've done so far it's been fantastic.
I have however noticed that on 4 occasions over the 100 miles covered the power assist will cut off for literally a split second.Its not really a deal breaker by any means,but I am curious to why it's doing this.
From my limited knowledge it has a cadence sensor inside the bottom bracket.The plastic dust cap that covers it is very slightly loose.Im thinking could this be the cause.
When it happens the battery is still well charged and I've not over done it on the higher settings either.
Its something and nothing really,but thought I would ask you knowledgeable folk here for some advice,
All the very best

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi again,
I'm a newbie here and recently introduced myself in the introduction section.
I've inherited a virtually new Ebike and the last 4 days I've covered around 100 miles on it.
Wow there addictive and I find it so much more enjoyable to ride than my ordinary road bike.
As I'm completely new to Ebikes it's still a bit of learning curve,but from what I've done so far it's been fantastic.
I have however noticed that on 4 occasions over the 100 miles covered the power assist will cut off for literally a split second.Its not really a deal breaker by any means,but I am curious to why it's doing this.
From my limited knowledge it has a cadence sensor inside the bottom bracket.The plastic dust cap that covers it is very slightly loose.Im thinking could this be the cause.
When it happens the battery is still well charged and I've not over done it on the higher settings either.
Its something and nothing really,but thought I would ask you knowledgeable folk here for some advice,
All the very best
There is a fixed part and a moving part. Obviously, the moving part is supposed to move. If you have a good controller, it can cut the power for a split second when you change gear sometimes if the shift isn't smooth,

Reactions: jedd

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks for replying.
Much appreciated
Don't worry about it unless you start to get longer delays, which means that the inner part is slipping on the shaft. That happens after many miles of riding in dirty conditions.

Reactions: jedd