Accessories - battery bag

Laoúra

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 5, 2016
Cambridgeshire
Not sure if this is the right forum for this but couldn't find an accessory area. Does anyone know of a place where you can get some kind of carry bag for your battery? What I'm after is something that will protect it and at the same time be able to put over a shoulder to carry around. When I take the battery off, at the moment I'm putting it in the rucksack with all my other stuff but I'm worried it'll get damaged.

Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Gas! Gas! Gas!

You made me have a flashback. :D

The gas mask came in very handy for Halloween!

The figure stands behind the door of our cellar, and I put a camera on it last year and sent one of my nephews down into the cellar to get something. I've never seen anyone jump as much as he did when he turned the light on. Annoyingly I deleted the clip by mistake.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
When I take the battery off, at the moment I'm putting it in the rucksack with all my other stuff but I'm worried it'll get damaged.
If only you saw how I have been treating my battery recently you wouldn't worry so much. And I have been leaving it unlocked on the bike since I changed bikes...

The only risk you have is of a short circuit the case is built to withstand environments much harsher than the interior of a rucksack!

Reactions: LeighPing

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
It's most likely doing just fine in your rucksack but if you really want something to carry it on its own any time, would something like an insulated bottle carrier do the job? Not sure whether it would be quite long enough (this one for example is 34cm) but the thought crossed my mind so I thought I'd throw it out there!

Reactions: Laoúra

Laoúra

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 5, 2016
Cambridgeshire
Thanks guys - maybe I'm being a bit too precious about the bike in general (I haven't had it very long).
I'm worried I'll do something stupid like drop the bag it's in when I'm faffing around locking the bike up.
When I got back to it after work the other day, a bird had cr@pped on the mudguard and I couldn't leave it until I got home; had to get a tissue and wipe it off immediately. I'm sure I'll soon get over that when this nice weather finishes and it's back to cycling to work in the rain and mud :D