Wisper Accidentally De-Restricted my bike?

01wellsd

Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2020
Bristol
Hi All,

I have a Wisper 705se
I was out for a ride today and decided I wanted to reset my trip meter.
couldn’t remember how to do it so pressed a few buttons.
I think I may have entered a de-restrict setting. A strange symbol came up on the screen and I could cycle through different MPH options, up to 70mph weirdly!
The bike felt faster and I could keep up with the flow of traffic easier. But the speedo was only reading about 11mph (it was definitely faster than that).
Getting home I put the bike on the stand and free peddled it by hand, the Speedo shoots up to 21mph with no road resistance!

I got into the menu again by holding the up and down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.

Has anyone had this before, I’m not sure if I should try and put it back to normal or not. If not I would at least like to get the speedo to be accurate again!

The last picture is free peddling on the stand

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
There are many different bikes that can be deristricted by pressing the right buttons on the LCD. On the older ones, it tends to be the up and down buttons simultaneously or the set and up buttons. More recent LCDs tend to have a numeric password in, but some are only 3 digits, so it doesn't take long to figure out by trial and error. the three digit ones take a bit longer.

The motor has a maximum speed just over 20 mph, so you can never get 70 mph from it. That setting on the LCD is the speed at which power to the motor is cut if there is any.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi, I think you have changed the wheel size setting. Please give me a call and I will help you to make it legal again.

All the best, David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
See what happens when you fiddle with things you know not what you or they do, you become a very naughty boy.