Advice on best make for the budget - flooded with ads

cjd

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2013
Hi all
Since i picked up my search again my socials feed is flooded with ads. No idea of these firms but the bikes look nice.
I have make of £1400-1500 for a commuter type some bridelway bike. mid drive I think. Heavy user so good power and battery.
Loved the Wisper Wayfarer and seems the most torque around but cannot afford that now even though they are 4 miles from me!

So looking at
second hand Rad Rhino?
or new
Fiido?
Engwe
Himiway Cruiser (zevra too much)
CrazyBird Seta

Any help gratefully received

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
which bikes have you tried before?
Loved the Wisper Wayfarer and seems the most torque around but cannot afford that now even though they are 4 miles from me!
They are so close to you, I would pop in and try the Wayfarer at least as a basis for comparison.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Hi all
Since i picked up my search again my socials feed is flooded with ads. No idea of these firms but the bikes look nice.
I have make of £1400-1500 for a commuter type some bridelway bike. mid drive I think. Heavy user so good power and battery.

So looking at
second hand Rad Rhino?
or new
Fiido?
Engwe
Himiway Cruiser (zevra too much)
CrazyBird Seta

Any help gratefully received
Ask David @Wisper Bikes if he has any Wayfarer's ex display models or offers
Or Woosh's Gran Camino ? https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?gran-camino

or a rather nice secondhand Camino with 17Ah battery

or get a donor bike and add a kit / get someone to add an ebike kit

Last edited:
Reactions: cjd

lanferman35801

Just Joined
Mar 27, 2024
Not sure you want another commuter car. But I am a Fiido C21 owner. You might consider it if you want a lighter ebike suitable for commuting. it’s been great. Smooth and quiet. I’m mostly on PAS 1 or 2 and usually off when on flat gravel roads and down hills. I just need a little power for the climbs, PAS2 is all I need for hills 5-12%. I can get around 40+ miles, but if you use PAS5 100% of the time, you’ll only get 10-15 miles with a lot of climbs. Also, this bike actually rides really good without power. Definitely worth it, especially with torque sensor. You can also unlock the speed by pressing the down arrow from the limited 15mph to 20mph.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Not sure you want another commuter car. But I am a Fiido C21 owner. You might consider it if you want a lighter ebike suitable for commuting. it’s been great. Smooth and quiet. I’m mostly on PAS 1 or 2 and usually off when on flat gravel roads and down hills. I just need a little power for the climbs, PAS2 is all I need for hills 5-12%. I can get around 40+ miles, but if you use PAS5 100% of the time, you’ll only get 10-15 miles with a lot of climbs. Also, this bike actually rides really good without power. Definitely worth it, especially with torque sensor. You can also unlock the speed by pressing the down arrow from the limited 15mph to 20mph.
You must be very light and fit. Anybody can get any range if they switch off the assistance. That's not going to work for 19 stone OP. The only way he'd get 40 miles without charging from a 208 wh battery is when it's in the boot of his car. That battery would empty in two miles if he tried it on the hills where I live.

Reactions: cjd