Advice

steved

Just Joined
Jul 13, 2013
Hi, Iv had Fibro Myalgia for a few yrs now and am looking for an electric bike to help me get around without wearing my leg muscles out too much. I would appreciate any advice on electric bikes that could be used mainly on auto power mode, with the power kicking in without having to pedal too much, for use mainly on roads, (which i guess means a non mountain bike type? I could afford up to £1600 ish but less if possible. Many thanks for any replies.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi, Iv had Fibro Myalgia for a few yrs now and am looking for an electric bike to help me get around without wearing my leg muscles out too much. I would appreciate any advice on electric bikes that could be used mainly on auto power mode, with the power kicking in without having to pedal too much, for use mainly on roads, (which i guess means a non mountain bike type? I could afford up to £1600 ish but less if possible. Many thanks for any replies.
Welcome my friend, X marks the spot , your parachute had landed in the right place for advice xxxx.

MS. GET YOUR CONFUSING CAP ON FROM NOW, LOTS OF STUFF TO TAKE IN.:eek:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
the questions we normaly ask is how heavy and fit/old are you . how far and how many hills and cycle track road etc. are you an ex cyclist?
do you care about style?
longterm reliability and how technical are you .
a quick answer to these will sane you a lot of Ladies stepthrough vs super tough stylish mountain bike.
for me the personal choice has been second hand quality bikes. price vs cycleability.
and welcombe

kevwright

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 5, 2013
I can already highly recommend the Woosh Sirocco CD. Half the price and hardly need to pedal on level 5 assistance.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Steved and a warm welcome.
You did not say where abouts you are.
My suggestion is if you can have a ride on as many e-bikes you can, when you get one that suits you, come back on here and ask the folks what they think about that model, you will possibly get a lot of more excellent advise as to what nexted to look for.

Bob
:cool: