Agattu 8 speed?

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
I've got an Agattu with Nexus 7.
The rear dropout width is 130mm.
I'm thinking of getting a Nexus 8 speed hub, but that has an OLD of 132mm. (and using the Nexus 7 on another bike)

If the frame were steel I'd think no problem, but as it's an aluminium frame will the extra 2mm cause a problem, ie 132mm hub / 130mm dropout. Will the frame rear dropout spread that extra 1mm each side?

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
I've got an Agattu with Nexus 7.
The rear dropout width is 130mm.
I'm thinking of getting a Nexus 8 speed hub, but that has an OLD of 132mm. (and using the Nexus 7 on another bike)

If the frame were steel I'd think no problem, but as it's an aluminium frame will the extra 2mm cause a problem, ie 132mm hub / 130mm dropout. Will the frame rear dropout spread that extra 1mm each side?
Hello

Did you buy from 50cycles? If so check with them.

I have a Tasman which is almost exactly the same as the Agattu and it has a Nexus 8 speed hub. Presumably the dropout will be the same.

Iain

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is an alloy frame on a Lafree that I'm spreading to pass a new innertube in past the spindle. As you can see, although less flexible than steel, they can spread much more than is commonly imagined, well over 25 mm in this case, and I'm spreading the carrier and towing attachment as well: