alba ebike log

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You need a better battery perseus, by the time I get to Bramber and on to Shoreham I will have already ridden 55 miles and just over half way through my ride.

Reactions: Perseus

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
The cheaper batteries used on the more entry level folding bikes like yours probably do not have the best quality cells and may lose their usable range quite quickly. On my old Oxygen Ebikes of 2011 vintage, I have when needed. replaced their silver fish batteries with Yose ones sourced of the internet. The last one I bought quite recently from Ebay. I paid £165.62 delivered, for a 36V15Ah battery that came with a charger and is working beautifully. I believe they sell batteries of many different styles and might enable you to buy a spare battery to extend your range. You should check that there is not any "protect" technology built in to your bike to prevent you using a generic third party battery. You could also check if the suppliers of your bike could sell you another spare battery. Woosh bikes often recommended on this site allow you to buy an extra battery when you buy a bike from them.

Last edited:

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
Crikey. What happened exactly? How long before you can cycle again?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
VERY SERIOUS CRASH https://uk.news.yahoo.com/cyclist-70s-injured-shoreham-collision-065602081.html

Still out of action. Two months in hospital. Run over my a speeding car whilst on Toucan crossing.
When I saw the thread updated, I was expecting happy news that you and your bike were still going, and I was already thinking about the right words to congratulate you and say how pleased I was. I'm shocked. Instead, I send you my best wishes for a quick and complete recovery and hope that you get suitable compensation from the driver. Can you tell us more? Did you get their details? Will they pay?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Being a fairly new member clicking on your post update landed me at post #1 and as i read through i was not expecting the bombshell of your latest update. I Hope you have a full and speedy recovery, and the driver gets the whole library thrown at him.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I HAVE DECIDED ON SOLICITORS. UNKNOWN TO ME DRIVER HAS FABRICATED A STORY. He or a she? I JUST GOT KNOCKED OUT AND WOKE UP IN HOSPITAL. Please excuse the capitals - I find it hard to type.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
I've .been out on this bike, but it needs changes, no throttle is a big handicap.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Good to hear you are on the mend and getting out and about.
Hope your compo and prosecution goes well in the year ahead.