Alien and Golden Motor Bikes

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
I'm split on this, i reckon these bikes spell trouble for the future of e-bikes. Do not get me wrong bending the law a little is ok, the Aurora in my view is ok and you will almost certainly not draw any unwanted attention. But these new bikes are almost as fast as some 50 cc motorbikes, now they will draw attention. From the governments point of view it will be too hard and costly to distinguish between legal and illegal bikes. The knee jerk reaction will be to ban them all or bog them down with rules. When the numbers were small it was ok but these faster bikes are appearing everywhere.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Agree... but that is the trouble, you can legally sell anything (more or less) and it is fine, but the consumer can be prosecuted for using the thing

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I'm split on this, i reckon these bikes spell trouble for the future of e-bikes. Do not get me wrong bending the law a little is ok, the Aurora in my view is ok and you will almost certainly not draw any unwanted attention. But these new bikes are almost as fast as some 50 cc motorbikes, now they will draw attention. From the governments point of view it will be too hard and costly to distinguish between legal and illegal bikes. The knee jerk reaction will be to ban them all or bog them down with rules. When the numbers were small it was ok but these faster bikes are appearing everywhere.
I`ve got to agree with you