Alien Aurora. 3 months old.

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
I bought the Aurora as a bit of a treat for myself this Christmas. I actually received it in early January, so the bike is less then 3 months old! The intention was to cycle to work every day of the year, using my non-electric Dawse town bike most of the time, and the Aurora when my knee played up. My knee however, has just about fixed itself (hopefully for good!) so I don't use the Aurora enough to justify keeping it. I've also gotten the motorbike back on the road. For these reasons, the Aurora has done less then 400 miles, and the battery has only been charged around 25-30 times. And so, as I need the space (and money for a road bike) the Aurora is up for sale. I thought I'd try on here first before putting it up on ebay.

Upgrades and extras.

Front brake and rotor upgraded to an Avid BB7 brake with 185mm disk. (Standard front brake was pretty poor for the weight of the bike.) The Avids have seen less than 30 miles since fitting.
I fitted a non-suspension seat post to drastically lower seat height. (See pics). I'm 5 ft 8 in, and can now comfortably get both feet on the ground with this post and the Auroras supplied suspension seat. If the suspension seat was swapped for a standard one, I reckon anyone over 5ft 4 in could ride it. The original suspension seat post will be included.
Front and rear Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres. Front is 1.75 in wide, the rear is a 2.00 inch wide.
I also fitted an extra plastic tube above the handlebars to tidy up the power mode controller.
It comes with the standard cavernous double panniers.

For anyone not familiar with the Alien Aurora, it is not a 'road legal' bike, but due to the fact that the motor is physically the same size as a 250w legal motor, it doesn't look illegal. Top speed (with the wider tyres) is a little above 20mph on throttle only, but where this bike really shines is in pedal assist mode. There's no need to ever take it out of top gear! Here is a link to the Aurora at Aliens site. http://www.alienbikes.co.uk/page7.htm

The only significant scratch I can see on the bike is on the crossbar, which I have shown in the pics below. It was damaged on delivery, due to the pedals (I think) being loose inside the box.

The new price is £999.00. If I put it on ebay, I'd be hoping to get around £700.00, but if there's someone thinking of buying an Aurora, make me an offer and you could bag yourself a bargain! I need to sell it as I have my eye on a rather nice £500.00 Viking road bike. Viewing/test ride available any evening/weekend.

I sort of regret buying the Aurora. Not because it's a bad bike in any way, in fact it's the only ebike I would buy again if I needed one.....but as I can pedal to work and back reasonably easily, there's no point in owning it. Maybe in 10 years or so, I'll be buying another because I've really gotten in to cycling and I'd hate to think that I'd ever have to give it up. Hopefully, by the time I need one, the ebikes will be hydrogen powered, 20 mph, 300 mile range machines!

Thanks to everyone on here for their informed advice on various matters. This is the friendliest Forum on t'internet. Can I still visit when I'm ebike-less?:)

rudebhoy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 18, 2011
Hi if for any reason the sale falls through I'll take it if you can deliver.