alien aurora light bulbs

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
hi guys my bulb broke today and trying to find alternative found this company what stocs 36v 5w bulb and 42v 5w bulb i dont no about the fitting untill i get my bike out of shed tommorow ,thing is would i be better buying the 42v as when battery is ful;ly charged its about 41v or stay with the 36v which was supplied with the alien aurora but that has popped allready mabe due to riding with lights on with full battery going up steep hill so big output (just a theory)anyway heres links to the bulbs any info welcome thanks

42v Search Results

36v Search Results

and there cheap

bike alien aurora

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
36v one will be brighter but wont last as long. 42v one will not be quite as bright but will last longer...your choice.

whitesl

Just Joined
Feb 23, 2011
HI Steve
My rear bulb on my Aurora went after about 2 weeks and I've been looking for the past year for a replacement. I've lost the bulb now, could you let me know which size of thread I need to order for the aurora? I've got a cateye light hanging off the back but would be great to get the powered one up and running again.

Biker44

Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2012
has popped allready mabe due to riding with lights on with full battery going up steep hill so big output (just a theory)
Back in the 50s one used a 2.5 volt bulb on a 3v battery and 3.5v bulb on a 4.5v battery. How well did they last? Not very well! But better on the steady output of a battery than on a dynamo driven by the wheel.

In any case, batteries suffer a voltage drop when under load, so your problems are not due to climbing hills.

stesteste

Pedelecer
May 2, 2012
bradford
the aurora really needs an led rear light. So i created one out of a broken bulb, some spare leds and a resistor.
just bought another set of lights from alien website they are now led style gunna mount both sets

hi steve
my rear bulb on my aurora went after about 2 weeks and i've been looking for the past year for a replacement. I've lost the bulb now, could you let me know which size of thread i need to order for the aurora? I've got a cateye light hanging off the back but would be great to get the powered one up and running again.
i will confirm tomorow bikes in shed for night i think there 10mm thread size i also rang jim at alienocean and he gladly sent me replacement they offer good service ,
i will update tommorow