Alien Ocean Controller

BLADERUNNER

Pedelecer
May 5, 2008
Hi,
I have not posted in a long time, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
I have got a 350 watt kit on my bike that was purchased from Alien ocean, and I believe the same kit is on the Aurora. I require a new controller for my bike (36 v 18amp max current). However, it seems that Alien are no longer trading, so I was wondering if someone would have any idea where I could get one. I have spent ages trawling the internet without any joy.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thankyou.
Russ

D

Deleted member 4366

Controllers are fairly standard, so any brushless controller will work. If you need a new one, you have the opportunity to upgrade to a nice LCD one with 5 usable levels of PAS. The problem is to find one that fits in the compartment. The S06S is good, but only gives 15 amps. You can solder the shunt to get it up to 18 or more amps. The S09P would be better, but it's physically bigger and gives 22 amps, which is much better for the motor, but if you still have the original battery, it might be a bit high.

BLADERUNNER

Pedelecer
May 5, 2008
D

Deleted member 4366

I don't know much about that, except that the white lead is for programming it, which seems a bit pointless if you don't have the lead that goes to the computer and the software. The S06S is cheaper and has the connector for hall sensors. Is your motor sensorless?

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks for the info.
The S06S looks like a good option. I have no problem with space though as I got rid of the battery rack and now use a bag in the frame, and the original battery died a long time ago. My current battery is only 10 amp, so as you say, the S09P is probably a bit too much.
BMS Battery recommended this :
http://www.bmsbattery.com/controller/543-250watts-sine-wave-controller-with-lcd-meter.html
Any thoughts?
Thanks again
Russ
In your first post you asked about 350watt controller that link you have put on bms battery is to a 250watt controller.

BLADERUNNER

Pedelecer
May 5, 2008
I don't know much about that, except that the white lead is for programming it, which seems a bit pointless if you don't have the lead that goes to the computer and the software. The S06S is cheaper and has the connector for hall sensors. Is your motor sensorless?
Yes, my motor is sensorless.

D

Deleted member 4366

I guess that's why they recommended the LSW-675. I haven't tried that one. It's a bit more expensive than the others and you need to get a wheel-speed sensor too. If you're strapped for cash, you could try the KU65, which can run with and without hall sensors. Really, your motor would be a lot better with 22 amps, but then you'd need a better battery. The Woosh Big Bear runs nicely on about 15 amps, but it's a slower version than yours, and I heard that they're going up to 18 amps.

BLADERUNNER

Pedelecer
May 5, 2008
Thanks for the advice. I would love to get a controller that gives 22 amps, but common sense must prevail. I think ill go with the KU65,and when I next upgrade to a bigger battery I will upgrade the controller.
On the KU65 can the shunt be soldered?

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, it sits just behind the plate on the end opposite the wires, so just 4 screws. Just solder up one leg to the corner for 18 amps if you don't have a way of measuring it.