Amazon swifty at650 throttle

Bamber1

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2021
Hi I have a swifty at650 and would like to fit a throttle as it has pedal assist only the controller is a lishui LSW06 there is no spare plug that I can find to connect a throttle to has anyone managed to do it ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes it has been done, you need to buy another controller with throttle ability.

Bamber1

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2021
Thanks that's what I thought any recommendations to what would fit with as little modifications as possible?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Lishui are notoriously hard to source so you only other route is to buy another maker and display.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks that's what I thought any recommendations to what would fit with as little modifications as possible?
You'd have to show us the wiring to your controller if you want recommendations. Nearly any controller will work, some are better than others. Just about all of them require some wiring and/or soldering.

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
Generally speaking the throttle will have 3 wires: ground, 5v and signal. where the signal wires varies anywhere from 0 - 5v. Going by the pictures on Amazon, your controller seems to be built into the battery, or in the housing which holds the battery.

To find the controller look for the wires coming from the PAS or pedal sensor, to see where that goes. If your controller has a spare 3 pin port, then this could well be suplied for markets where throttles are allowed. Controllers tend to be generic items and so it may have a throttle input by default, even if its not used.

That said, i was thinking this could make an interesting project. In theory it ought to posible take the 0 - 5v signl from a throttle and convert it to the pulse signal expected from a pedelec senor. An Arduino could in theory do the conversion to a pulse where the timing was based on the speed required.

It might even form the basis for an after-market solution to convert pedelecs to throttle.

If you do find the controller, post a pic.

Bamber1

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2021
I can't find a spare 3 pin plug for the throttle unless it's a direct connection to the board hopefully you can make something out from the pictures and point me in the right direction I was hoping not to have to replace the controller as the bike is new thanks for your help. 20210624_171229.jpg20210622_181732.jpg20210624_171345.jpg

sandan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 24, 2020
I had one of these bikes, lasted 1 week and down to about 9 miles and battery flat. There is no such company as Swifty just a Amazon name. Check your battery and i bet its not what is advertised its just a cheapo brand. 2 year warranty but means nothing. Mine went back total rubbish, sorry

Bamber1

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2021
Yes the battery is not the one advertised it's a coppercell 7.26 AH but for the price was just less than £500 it doesn't seem to bad just miss having a throttle.

sandan

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 24, 2020
I paid the same but not impressed at all. I bought a Batribike Granite second hand £250 and it is far better . Hope you find your answer on here, i asked the same question about adding a throttle but no joy.

otontonton

Just Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Hello Everyone looking for some info on mods myself throttle etc any more info be much appreciated.

Thanks Tony

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Is it a Lishui controller?

If it is and if it accepts a throttle, the circuit board will have the following three pins that you connect to the throttle. You may find the wiring is already soldered in and you just need to plug in your throttle.

SP5V = Throttle +5v
SPGND = Throttle 0v
SP = Throttle signal

Reactions: otontonton