An electric bike without a battery or motor

Patrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2009
When Gocycle first announced their bikes it was as a flashy unassisted bike with the option of an added motor, by the time they came to launch it they only offered it as an electric bike.

It looks like they're trying to extend their range of products by resurrecting the abandoned unassisted version.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Stripped of mudguards and the price further reduced too.

I see this as a sign that they are not selling well, something I've predicted all along. I don't think there are large numbers of cyclists who will forsake function for style, and non-cyclists aren't going to take up cycling on the strength of this design.

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Stripped of mudguards and the price further reduced too.

I see this as a sign that they are not selling well, something I've predicted all along. I don't think there are large numbers of cyclists who will forsake function for style, and non-cyclists aren't going to take up cycling on the strength of this design.

My thoughts exactly.Not enough sales.They have ploughed a lot into this ( millions?) in design and marketing.This smacks to me of " help ! "

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
It doesn't exactly jump out as good value at £995.

If I were looking for an unpowered good quality practical commuter bike I'd be hard pushed to spend more than about £600 which would give me all the spec I'd need including a decent lock.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Riders of the Gocycle Black who later decide they would like a little help with the pedalling can retrofit purchase the EmpowerPack at any time to upgrade the model with electric power.
Buy cheap (!) and find out you need the upgrade later maybe.