An Index for threads

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
There are now so many threads that an Index suggests itself.
I have some difficulty to remember what thread I am posting a reply to (short term memory deficit [STMD - as in stymied): as to what threads there are out there and matching replies that one vaguely recalls, to whichever one, is for me trying. So alphabetical order would help which does not take its first letter from a preposition or the def/indefinite article would be good.
Peter

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes I agree Peter. Also a thread search facility would be good.

Since I can usually remember who started or contributed to any particular thread I want to find, I usually go to the members list to locate the person I thought of and view all their threads or postings to find what I want. It shortens the process a bit.

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
have you tried "subscribed threads"?

I'm not sure if it helps Pete, but have you tried "subscribing" to threads through the "user control panel" (UserCP) available on the Toolbar (in green near the top of the page) when logged in?

It creates a sort of personal list/index of threads, which may at least help you keep track of the threads you've started or posted in if you add each new one to the list as you post in it :).

Once made, the list is accessible through "Quick Links" also on the toolbar: click the arrow next to it & select "subscibed threads" in the "miscellaneous" section to access your list :D.

A small tick on a blue background seems to appear next to your subscribed threads in the forum thread list (to indicate your "subscription" to it) when logged in :).

Hope that helps for now?

P.S. I can send you a list of the threads I'm aware you've posted in recently if that helps? But you can find the same information under "search" for posts by your own username (like Flecc said), to see all your posts listed, most recent first :)

Stuart.

Last edited: