An insight in Bosch Ebike Diagnostic - Sport or eMTB mode?

SAN

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2019
I read somewhere that someone regret getting the eMTB-mode and other that didn't get it.
As the manual shows the eMTB and Sport mode is a choice that can be made before programming. It all depens of what container (configuration file) is loaded.

Emtb-Sport.PNG

Attachments

D

Deleted member 128

I read somewhere that someone regret getting the eMTB-mode and other that didn't get it.
As the manual shows the eMTB and Sport mode is a choice that can be made before programming. It all depens of what container (configuration file) is loaded.

View attachment 28948
That's an interesting document, is the software available to end users and is a dongle essential?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
unless you are a dealer with a bosch account even if you had the dongle you cant do much as you need a live account.

Barrio Barranco

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2018
I was in the LBS that we use for work, they're Bosch service accredited etc and the owner said it would be " oh twenty quid" to have a diagnostics run on my bike, he asked if the KTM had "eMTB" installed and that it could be put on and taken off if I wanted and didn't like it- but I'm happy enough with the present set up, it's like a manual gearbox, but part of me wonders what the eMTB is like too....he's also said that if it develops any problems not to stress and they would help out (errr... bit embarrassing telling him I got it from Merlin...)so wonder if Bosch are being more flexible regarding getting work done on their systems not having to go back to the place it was bought from? Maybe it's because it's a small place and our company puts a lot of business his way despite me being an online bargain hunter who can't afford LBS prices...!!!!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
20 quid just to run a diagnostics is half the price my lbs charge as its 45 quid.

what pisses me of is why cant i just have this to download my self, bit like having to pay for new gfx card drivers when you spent 6k on it in the first place.

and its not like you can change the motor speed settings with it anyway as that is fixed at the factory.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
20 quid just to run a diagnostics is half the price my lbs charge as its 45 quid.

what pisses me of is why cant i just have this to download my self, bit like having to pay for new gfx card drivers when you spent 6k on it in the first place.

and its not like you can change the motor speed settings with it anyway as that is fixed at the factory.
I agree. Absurd not even being able to find out how many charge cycles the battery has had.