another bike

newboater

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
hi everyone having ridden my wisper 705c for some 12 months and mostly enjoyed it ,i would now like a mountain bike type ,i have seen a kudos arriba on there site which i like the look of ,and think it would cope here in the peak district, i want one with variable levels of assistance like my wisper ,thoughts on this please ,or any others ,thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my haibike would more than cope with it but they cost a lot more than some others.

i even leave carbon fibre road bikes for dust with my dongle on pmsl ;)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Sadly I know nothing about the Kudos range, but I don't seem to recall reading anything negative about them, and the price is certainly competitive. I'm sure that as an alternative style away from the road biased Wisper, that it would make a very nice bike, and hopefully at the same time, open up new horizons to you. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryV

newboater

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
already done that ,but limited stock ,will get in to order .hoping to hear from some one who as tried the arriba

D

Deleted member 4366

I've tried the Arriba. What can I say about it? It's as good as any electric bike. It has more torque than the average one because it has the BPM motor. It gives a nice solid ride and the hydraulic brakes are excellent. On the road it has similar power to a Bosch bike, Ezee bike or any of the other larger hub-motors. If I'm honest, I didn't like the torque sensor. It didn't feel as proportional as some, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I didn't see a reason to pay extra for it over a crank-speed sensor. My advice would be to save some money and buy the Tornado, which has the same power and styling, but it has cable disc brakes. I would use some of the saving to buy a branded hydraulic brake for the front, which is a 2 minute job to change over. Then you have a bike that IMHO is nearly as good. All the components on the Tornado are perfectly adequate. Some of the ones on the Arriba are slightly better, like you get lock-out forks. I have lock-out forks, but I never found a reason to use that feature. It's just another thing to go wrong. Maybe if you like to pedal hard, it might be an advantage.