Another Brompton owner planning to convert

Paul Holman

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2013
London Based
I'm about to take ownership of a new Brompton 2013 model H6L next week, with the primary goal of cycling to work in London via a train journey (on the Great Western Line).

Currently thinking either of a Nano or Sparticle ebike conversion (with a shop fitting to minimise the chance of any expensive errors) after a few weeks of general familiarity.

Both have new models (Nano 2.0 and the Sparticle V6 2013), so feedback from any recent "converts" would be useful (in particular the new Sparticle).

Thanks !

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I have a Nano and it's performed well - nearly silent and a fair amount of poke.

But the weight of the motor and controller all but kills the portability of the folded bike.

Then there's the Brommie bag and battery to carry.

It's OK for lifting in and out of the car, but I don't think it will work for you on and off a train.

Paul Holman

Just Joined
Aug 10, 2013
London Based
But the weight of the motor and controller all but kills the portability of the folded bike.
:
It's OK for lifting in and out of the car, but I don't think it will work for you on and off a train.
Thanks for the quick response !

Its a good point. Which Battery do you have ?

I was thinking if the 5 Ah model, which (at 2Kg) is half the weight of the 10Ah model. (Its more for power assist on a nasty steep hill when I emerge at home).

So Nano + Battery should be ~4Kg, comparable to the Sparticle (at 3.7Kg)