Another mid drive

D

Deleted member 33385

Video here:
Valeo automatic transmission. Claimed to be more powerful than other systems (probably because it is a 48v system). Also has an immobilization feature.
Interesting anyway though not sure I'd be tempted to switch from my hub motor.
That tread system seems like the sort of thing which will break down much more often than a chain - no doubt the manufacturer will find it as vaulable an income stream as HP has for inkjet ink. Those loops will only be stiff enough to maintain their shape for only so many miles, and I'm betting that those miles will be far, far fewer than that of a chain. Why not make an algorithmically self adjusting automatic gear shift/derailleur instead which could be installed on any ebike/bike?

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
That tread system seems like the sort of thing which will break down much more often than a chain - no doubt the manufacturer will find it as vaulable an income stream as HP has for inkjet ink. Those loops will only be stiff enough to maintain their shape for only so many miles, and I'm betting that those miles will be far, far fewer than that of a chain. Why not make an algorithmically self adjusting automatic gear shift/derailleur instead which could be installed on any ebike/bike?
Shimano Di2 Synchronised appears to offer semi auto?. Anyone used it?
I would prefer a wheel with battery, motor, gears and brake, with a controller. But how much & how heavy, eh? :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: pentiumofborg

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
And how helpful and relevant to a thread about new technology is this puerile attitude?
This is just control freakery.
People make jokes about the Welsh and sheep, Scots and tight fistedness, Irish and drink.
Just relax and enjoy the new year.