Another old guy signs up !

badlywornroy

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2018
Richmond North Yorkshire
Hi, I am a pretty fit 71 year old (5,000 + miles) ridden in 2017 in beautiful North Yorkshire. I own/ride 2 road bikes and a Bergamont e-mtb hardtail.

I have owned the e-mtb for less than a year, my 1st ever mountain bike.
The e-mtb was a 'fun' purchase. I am too ancient to start careering down mountains and I would not have the skills to stay upright. I mostly ride my road bikes but use the e bike, again mostly on the road in adverse conditions or when sent to the local supermarket by my good wife, equipped with a back pack for essential provisions.
In the course of maintaining fitness I overwhelmingly ride in eco mode. Anyone who thinks e bikes are for lazy people is welcome to ride with me over North Yorkshires hills & dales on a 23kg e-mtb in eco mode. :)

I may not have a lot to say on the forums on e-bike topics as my knowledge is sparse but I will no doubt do plenty of reading.

Roy

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Welcome Roy
I rode through Richmond on Monday as part of my Barnard Castle , Tan Hill ,Richmond, Piercebridge mtb ride.

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
Hi and welcome and you must indeed be fit after cycling 5,000 miles in 2017 especially in the area where you live as I only managed around 4,000 miles!

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Wow ! That seems a ‘monster’ of a ride ?
Having 26Ah of batteries helps with the long rides.
My longest so far has been 102 miles,the problem is I can only ride between 9.30am and 3.30pm otherwise I could do quite a bit more.

Reactions: badlywornroy