Another (possibly stupid!) question

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Does anyone out there know where the PAS sensor lives on an Oxygen S Cross MTB MkII (latest version of) Basically need to know how many wires there are going to it? The controller seems to have 5 PAS wires, so I just wanted to check whether they all go to the sensor (if I could only find it!)
Thanks in advance

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's in the bottom bracket left side. The wire tucks into the open frame tube that goes up to the controller behind the battery. The connector is a Julet type and just reaches into that tube to connect with the cable that comes down from the controller. That's unless they changed something on the latest version, which is actually mk3.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
It's in the bottom bracket left side. The wire tucks into the open frame tube that goes up to the controller behind the battery. The connector is a Julet type and just reaches into that tube to connect with the cable that comes down from the controller. That's unless they changed something on the latest version, which is actually mk3.
Thanks again, I'll have a look!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Standard cadence PAS uses three wires, 5v, Gnd & Signal.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks for posting the pics of the new controller and wiring, yes certainly the PAS has the five wires as you indicated.
Can you show a pic of the PAS fitted to the bike .

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks for posting the pics of the new controller and wiring, yes certainly the PAS has the five wires as you indicated.
Can you show a pic of the PAS fitted to the bike .
Here it is (hopefully it'll work, I had to save it as a pdf for some reason:

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That certainly is an all new design of PAS sensor and the bulkyness suggests they are using three hall sensors in side as indicated by the five hall wires, inside there must be a hall pcb board.

Reactions: Hovlev2

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Here it is (hopefully it'll work, I had to save it as a pdf for some reason:
Can you pull the cable out of the frame until the connector comes out, then unplug the connector and see how many pins? I'm wondering if the controller cable splits so that the other two wires do something else. That picture looks similar to the previous version pedal sensors and very similar to a CD V12L dual hall sensor that has three wires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hovlev2

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Can you pull the cable out of the frame until the connector comes out, then unplug the connector and see how many pins? I'm wondering if the controller cable splits so that the other two wires do something else. That picture looks similar to the previous version pedal sensors and very similar to a CD V12L dual hall sensor that has three wires.
Yes, I'll give it a go (the wires don't seem that willing to pull out a bit, but I'll give it a go!0

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
I just poked my endoscope right up the tube (sounds painful), and followed the wire right up, but could see no sign of any connector, unless it's much nearer to the controller

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
As a matter of interest, do you know what controllers
That's something else they've changed then. I wonder if they've changed factories.
As a matter of interest, do you know what controllers would work with a torque sensor, to save having to swap that over?

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
You don't have a torque sensor.
I only assumed it was as there are 5 wires going to it? I've also noticed that the bars at the top of the display seem to rise and fall depending on pedalling effort, but not sure if that's normal or not